CIVIL WAR: Gods and Generals

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
CIVIL WAR RELEASE MUSIC VIDEO FOR “BAY OF PIGS”

Sweden's Civil War, featuring former members of Sabaton and Astral Doors, have released a music video for the new track, “Bay Of Pigs”. The track will be featured on the band’s new album, Gods And Generals, to be released via Napalm Records on the following dates:

Sweden/Spain: May 6th
Germany/Switzerland/Austria/Europe/Australia: May 8th
UK/Norway/France/Demark/Italy: May 11th
North America: May 12th

p19c92e67411em1s0qikj1hr71bvd4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I should like this a lot more than I do. I wish they'd get a different singer. Nils just... he has no soul in this band.

I'm with you. I don't expect soul, but I do expect something that participated in 3/5s of one of my favorite bands to be a heck of a lot better than this (as well as a member Wuthering Heights, a band I really enjoyed).

When I watched the video the first time, I couldn't help but think he looks like the swedish Michael Jackson (post surgery).

When it comes to cheesy Power Metal, there's no middle ground for me; I either crank it up or can't shut it off fast enough. This definitely falls into that latter category. It just feels so completely contrived.

Wow' tough crowd. Hating on pretty decent power metal.
This flavor of Power Metal is akin to Action/Adventure movies; the more over the top it is, the more you need to hook me in, to get me to suspend disbelief. This never hooks me in. It comes across like someone, somewhere, sat down and said, "There are Viking metal bands, Pirate metal bands, World War metal bands... I know, let's be a Civil War metal band!" And they proceeded to build an entire band, look and record based on that one, very lame idea.

Look... I love me some Manowar. Far be it from me to judge someone else's love of cheese. This just doesn't do it for me.

It's OK. I actually think Nils is a pretty great singer, I just really don't care musically for a lot of the projects he's in, and I don't really think he's giving it much passion in Civil War, which I do like musically. I'd rather see Piet Sielek from Iron Savior out front, I think it'd click much harder.

Nils just seems to be like "I like singing and this band is letting me sing."

Yep. I enjoyed the 1st album quite a bit and like this song.

But yes, maybe Nils looks a bit bored in this video, even if he sings well... Maybe it would have been better if he had his mic and mic stand to play with during the filming... :devil:

That song is really really good. The chorus is very anthemic too. And I've liked NPJ's voice since I first heard him in Space Odyssey and Wuthering Heights. Who cares if their shtick is akin to Sabaton's? You get two great bands instead of one. Be happy!

That song is really really good. The chorus is very anthemic too. And I've liked NPJ's voice since I first heard him in Space Odyssey and Wuthering Heights. Who cares if their shtick is akin to Sabaton's? You get two great bands instead of one. Be happy!

This!

Same as the Accept / U.D.O. thing. 2 great bands in the same style.