COBALT

I've worked with this band for 3 albums over about 5 years and they are one of my personal favorites. Not really the style of metal that people really dig around here, but I'm sure there are a few who will like it.

Probably one of the best reviewed bands I work with next to Cephalic. The second album we did "Eater of Birds" was listed #11 or 12 album of the year by Terriorzer in 2007. This new album "Gin" is Terriorzer album of the month for March, and was the featured review in last months Decibel. They have full features in this months Decibel and Metal Maniacs (the last issue ever). Decibel also did a "In the Studio" report while we were working on the disc in Jan 2008. I actually finished this mix about a year ago and its just now being released.

Not sure how to describe them other than a completely unique combination of Tool, Neurosis, and Darkthrone.

Alright, enough with the setup :lol:

Download 2 full quality mp3s at the label's page (1 song from each of the last 2 albums, scroll down)

Eater of Birds is pretty weird. Some very strange time signatures. Not quite sure if I liked it or not. Eater is the only real album I have heard, so I will look into their works more. I met Phil once before in Denver. I read an interview they did for Zero Tolerance recently about their new album Gin. I am definetly going to check it out.

Dave, this is Alex from Utah. We hung out a few times back in the day when Terry was still living in Denver and I was in town for that Morbid Angel/Deicide show and all that good shit. I also ran into you at The Gathering of Shadows a few years back.

I really need to make my way over there and hopefully get some studio work from you as everything I have heard from there is fucking amazing. I really like that new Deadspeak stuff and of course the Nightbringer stuff is killer too. I'll have to hit you up again by phone about some rates.

Yea, they're definitely not for everyone. Pretty long songs and there are a lot of droning sections and dynamic builds. But holy fuck, when some of the songs reach their peak, it's the most intense and heavy shit I've ever heard.

Check out the newer track Arsonry at the link I posted. I think it's actually impossible not to start headbanging at about the 4:38 mark when everything hits.

Cool to see you here Alex. Give me a ring anytime.