COLDSPELL U.S. Tourdates

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From www.melodicrock.com :

Swedish melodic hard rockers ColdSpell are heading to the USA for a round of tour dates - September 2012!

5 - Tempe, AZ - Red Owl / Club Red
6 - Sierra Vista, AZ - JR'S Bar
7 - Albuquerque, NM - Hooligan's
8 - Santa Ana, CA - Malone's
9 - Ventura, CA - Billy O's
10 – Hollywood, CA – On the Rox
11 - Bakersfield, CA - B - Ryders
13 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
14 – Roseburg, OR - Spliz
15 – Yakima, WA

coldspell-live.jpg

Do you think anyone will show up to see them? I don't follow the melodic rock/hard rock scene as much as others around here do. Are they popular? Will people go see them?

Oh man, I'd love to see them. Too bad I'll be in Atlanta. I applaud them for making a second stop in Washington besides just Seattle, but Yakima?? Really?? That's just odd.

Now there's a band I never thought would tour here. I'd see them if they had an East Coast run.

Very surprised indeed. Hope they'll come to the North East, but I won't hold my breath. If bands like Primal Fear, Firewind and the likes, which is far more "known" than Coldspell, often played for less than 100 people in the US, how many will show for Coldspell?

Wow. They are playing Albuquerque? And a small little bar here, not even a real "venue"? VERY interesting. I'll still be in town...I will have to check this out.

Does anyone know Kamchatka from Sweden that is (I'm assuming) opening for them? Also two local Albuquerque bands. Should be an interesting night.

NO FREAKING WAY!!! Malone's is about a 5 minute drive from me. The place is small. Real small. It may be just the band....and me!! Should be cool to see them up close and personal.

NO FREAKING WAY!!! Malone's is about a 5 minute drive from me. The place is small. Real small. It may be just the band....and me!! Should be cool to see them up close and personal.
Malones has 2 good size stages, I have seen smaller venues, I think a shoe box is roomy though, so what do I know. $10 tix at the door.

take a look at Malones!
http://www.facebook.com/MetalRefugeTv#!/photo.php?v=457427297621203

I'm actually chatting with Micke from Coldspell right now about the gig! Hit him up on facebook and welcome them to the US!

Malones will be packed, this will be a great show for Coldspell and Kamchatka as they are on the bill with Scarred & Death Alley Motor Cult. These bands have a big local draw, and I'll bring about 15 to 20 people myself, well with my band.

I'll be filming some live footage and talking with Coldspell & Kamchatka when they play on 9/8/12 in the House of Metal!

facebook.com/metalrefugetv is where to find Coldspell after they play.

I admit that I'm surprised that they are NOT headlining here in Albuquerque! I'm pretty sure I HAVE to be there for this!

September 7th Hooligans Nightclub brings you a show that will rock your world ! Voice Of December , Beard , with two bands out of Sweden Kamchatka and ColdSpell then as if thats not enough Blinddryve Nm headlines this show !
Thats a shit load of badass rock on one show and for just $6 presold $8 door !

I admit that I'm surprised that they are NOT headlining here in Albuquerque!

Can you explain to me your logic behind being surprised Coldspell is NOT a headliner not just in Albuquerque, but anywhere in the USA?

It baffles me that someone would even consider the possibility of them being a headliner... unless I've missed something?

Seems like pretty simple logic...Coldspell is opening for a local Albuquerque band who does NOT have a label deal (as far as I know). Coldspell has two albums, the last of which got some little buzz in the community. They are coming a long way on an actual tour. Why would one assume they WOULDN'T be the headlining band?

I do understand that a small bar would get a local band that they know can pull in numbers...but wouldn't the more well known "visiting" band still be considered headliner status?

I fully admit to ignorance otherwise in how these things work. I'm just a fan that likes music.

Edit: BLINDDRYVE does have a label http://polyrammusic.com/ so I stand corrected on that point (and their samples on reverbnation are really good, so I'm totally for them as local band, but my points still stand)

Can you explain to me your logic behind being surprised Coldspell is NOT a headliner not just in Albuquerque, but anywhere in the USA?

It baffles me that someone would even consider the possibility of them being a headliner... unless I've missed something?

Seems like pretty simple logic

Hmmm..

Local band in Albuquerque probably has a lot of friends and fans that would come see it. I guarantee you they will pull more people in than Coldspell, but I would love to be proven wrong.

...Coldspell is opening for a local Albuquerque band who does NOT have a label deal (as far as I know). Coldspell has two albums, the last of which got some little buzz in the community. They are coming a long way on an actual tour. Why would one assume they WOULDN'T be the headlining band?

Just because they have a deal, two albums released and "some little buzz in the community", it doesn't mean they have headliner status. Also the "coming a long way on an actual tour" doesn't always mean anything.

I do understand that a small bar would get a local band that they know can pull in numbers...but wouldn't the more well known "visiting" band still be considered headliner status?

Let's just hypothetically say that Coldspell takes the headlining slot and 5 people show up to see them (who know who they are). The local opener brings 50 people in. 50 people watch their set and leave after they're done, because regardless of how huge or great you consider Coldspell, those fans were probably there just to see the local band. What does that leave you with? 5 people in the room watching the big visiting headliner, while the local opener just embarrassed them by taking the crowd away with them...

What does "headliner" mean.....the last band of the night, or the one that plays the longest?

Sometimes there are places that will have another local band playing after the national main band....because there may be stipulations that the national band has to be done and packed up and on the road by 1am, so they're done by 11pm. Hence, the last band (probably local) plays from midnight to 2am or something like that. So then that local band can state that the national band "opened" for them, just because they played first. Kinda silly, but there you go...