colorado scene

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
so im moving to colorado at the end of this year, down to CO Springs. anyone know what the scene is like down there?
~gR~

Amarantus said:
LOL good luck

edit: People from Colorado are nuttier than squirrel turds.

hahaha. they cant all be bad. pit magazine is based there. plus bands like midgard, jag panzer, and cephalic carnage.... ok, well CC is kinda nutty
~gR~

Mosh Pit Music is an ok store, probably good for an old-fashioned brick 'n mortar store though. I've been in there a few times and the prices are ok on some items and far too high on others. He does have a pretty wide selection with some really hard to find stuff at times and he lets you preview anything in the store before buying though, so it's a cool experience to hang out and chat there if nothing else.

It's a small store though and with it being so much easier to order online, there must be a pretty large metal fanbase in Springs for it to survive. I live a couple hours away in a small town, but I often travel up to Denver for shows and quite a few good ones come through. The venues have a great, close-knit atmosphere and this is about the most beautiful place in the world, so welcome.:loco:

cookiecutter said:
I disliked my time in Colorado Springs. So many ultra christians and horrific shortshaved mohawks.

are you sure those werent "high and tights"? its the typical military haircut. 2 af bases, af acadamy, norad, and an army fort all reside there.

oh, and ill be assigned to schriever afb
~gR~

cookiecutter said:
I disliked my time in Colorado Springs. So many ultra christians and horrific shortshaved mohawks.

Oh yeah, I only go through springs every now and then, so I haven't seen much of it, but it is a creepy fucking place. That focus on the family organization is there as well as all the military you mentioned so it sticks out like a sore thumb as far as weird ass people are concerned. It's probably very "stepford wives" like with all the mega conservatives, so have fun with that.:p

genocide roach said:
are you sure those werent "high and tights"? its the typical military haircut. 2 af bases, af acadamy, norad, and an army fort all reside there.

oh, and ill be assigned to schriever afb
~gR~

No no it was small children who had them. Military haircuts are fine. I visited the air force academy. Cool place.