Contest extended and defined

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
I've decided to extend the contest out another week and will hopefully declare a winner next Monday night....

I reviewed all of the submissions many times over. There really was only one that stood out for me. I may go with it but I'm not 100% sure. The problem is I haven't come up with anything better on my own.

I'd like to give a clearer picture of what I want vs. what I received.

I don't want anything with "Golden", "Ken", "Laser", "Edge", "Relic" (and variations), "Treasures", etc. Those are bit too obvious and literal.

I'm thinking in terms of something a bit more clever. Perhaps a play on words. Maybe a name that in some way relates to the science of sound reproduction or audio. This is the direction that I would like this to head. It can also relate to a song title but something cool - I'm not going to name the label "Gabble Rachet".

Hopefully I'm conveying the direction I would like to see this go and probably should have posted this a week ago as its been quiet this past week.

I also decided that even if I don't declare a winner I will select the 3 best submissions and those persons will receive a free copy of the first release.

Why cant that person, choose the free release that he wants, instead of being stuck with a cd a person might not care for.....( with all Due Respects).

Bob:

Your only point is the one on the top of your head.

This is a contest I set up to name a new label I'm starting. The assumption is that the participants are interested in the activities of this label. I am awarding the winner the first four releases for free. This is a $120 value. I have further decided that as a sign of good will there will be prizes awarded to the first three "best of the worst" - in the case I decide not to use any of the titles. My contest - my rules.

The great thing about a "prize" like the one Ken is offering is that it will probably introduce a new band/artist for the winners to hear, and hopefully they will be sufficiently broadminded to enjoy what they hear!!

Paul :worship:

Okay-- here's my next attempt. All names could be followed by records, music, re-issues, however you deem appropriate:

Playback
Waveform
Pressure Wave
Plane Vibration
Modulus
Spectral Response
Amplitude
Echo Chamber
Jam Sync
Psycho Acoustics ( in terms of how one perceives sound given their mental or emotional state)
Proximity Effect
Ramp Wave
Sound Reflections
Lacquer Master
Unity Gain

Hope some of these are in the vain of what you are looking for.

Some more from me, given the new parameters (add "records" to the end)...

Echo Sonic
Random Precision
Sub Signal
Frequency
Acute Audio
Peripheral Play
Peripheral Pursuit
Phonocast
Phonowave
Phonophase
Sound Seek
Sync Sonic
Seek Sync
Sub Tronic
Subtransmission

John

Please note there will be a winner announced on Monday. Hopefully there will be some other solid entries over the weekend to make my decision harder.

I'm in it to win it....let's hope these help. Again, add records, music, audio, etc. as you see fit:

After Touch
Arpeggio
Black Burst
Binaural
Control Suface
Jog Wheel
Phantom Channel
Line Level
Nyquist Theorem
Oscillations
Pilot Tone
Polar Pattern
Sidechain
Slew Rate
Softknee
Terminal Strip
Tone Code
VU Meter

for the record please feel free to add modifiers where it pleases (records, music, audio, etc.) all my previous awesome ideas as well...

"Chopswurst"

"Cadence and Meter"

"This Bleeds Passion"