Coolest Music Collectables You Own.

Metalmilitia2000

UM's Resident Asshole
Apr 22, 2003
Maplewood, Minnesota
www.facebook.com
Post some of the coolest, rarest music related stuff you own.

1. 2 Drumsticks used by Steve "Dr. Killdrums" Wacholz at the Savatage Reunion at Progpower 5 in ATL.

2. Fight - Christmas Ride CD that was only given to radio stations when it came out after War of Words.

3. Annihilator - Phantasmagoria '86 Demo Tape, given to me by and signed by Jeff Waters himself.

4. Demons and Wizards S/T on vinyl signed by Hansi.

5. Helloween - Walls of Jericho on vinyl signed by Kai

6. Gamma Ray - Heading For Tomorrow single on vinyl signed by Kai and Dirk.

7. Nevermore Enemies of Reality poster signed by band

8. An original Purgatory (pre iced earth) signed concert poster signed by everyone in band at time except for schaffer.

9. Various Purgatory bootlegs on audio and dvd of gigs that they did around Tampa while Schaffer was still in band. One is in Schaffer's apartment during a rehersal.

10. Iced Earth - Alive In Athens 5 LP Vinyl boxset.

11. Iced Earth - S/T on vinyl with original european cover that was banned here in the states.

12. Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio 3 LP Vinyl boxset.

13. Wolf - Evil Star Vinyl, white design on record, limited to 500 copies worldwide.

14. Countless setlists, other signed or rare posters, and cd covers signed by bands.

Brent

Too many autographed items to name them all so my favorites are;

10" Anthrax Bring Tha Noize vinyl
Fiona Beyond the Pale
Kiss Dynasty picture disc by Ace & Pete
Ace Frehley's 1978 solo
Pantera Far Beyond Driven cd sleeve (RIP)
Slayer South Of Heaven vinyl
Judas Priest Rocka Rolla vinyl w/ original coca-cola cover signed by the metal god!

A Little Caesar's bread stix bag signed by the band Little Caesar!
a WWIII concert poster signed by the band

Oddities;
Anthrax Attack of the Killer Bs honey jar
Debbie Gibson t-shirt
Maxell tshirt signed by Vivian Campbell, Snake Sabo, Julian Lennon and others that was stolen at a party o_O

Way too many autographed CD covers and pictures/postcards/posters. My favorites are always the "luck" items, guitar pics, drum sticks etc. The best story happened the day after Thanksgiving 1987 when I drove from Orlando down to Lakeland, Fl. to see Motley Crue and some band I had never heard of, Guns 'N Roses. I worked my way to the rail for Crue and was going nuts, singing along, air-guitaring, banging my head (with the short Navy haircut, no less), etc. During Red Hot Tommy threw both of his sticks out into the crowd but one of them hit the lights ad landed on stage. Nikki picked up the stick, walked over and handed it to me! He didn't toss it out and I caught it, he walked over and handed it right to me! That totally made my year! I still have the stick almost 20 years later.

Let's see here:

Helloween:
-Walls of Jericho autographed (all 4 original members)
- The EP autographed (all 4 original members)
- Keeper 2 autographed (all 5 members)
- Dr. Stein autographed (3 copies, one all members but Kai, one just the two Michaels, and one from the entire band)
- about 8 tour shirts from the keepers era

Blind Guardian -
-Every album except SFB and ATTiM signed on vinyl (two copies of each of the first two)
-ANATO and ATTiM signed on cd.
-two SFB tour shirts
- Absurd amounts of other shirts

Angra:
-Original cassette version of the Reaching Horizons demo
-Two Angels Cry shirts
-Four Holy Land shirts
-One Fireworks tour shirt

Iced Earth:
-Night of the Stormrider autographed
-Burnt Offerings autographed
-The Dark Saga autographed
-Something Wicked autographed
-Horror show autographed
-The Something Wicked stage banner (smells very bad)

I've got assorted other stuff from Stratovarius, Edguy, Gamma Ray, and some other bands, but the ones I listed are my favorites. :D

EDIT: The Helloween EP is the limited edition picture disc with White Christmas as a bonus track (with Kiske on vocals) limited to 2000 copies.

Let's see here:

Helloween:
-Walls of Jericho autographed (all 4 original members)
- The EP autographed (all 4 original members)
- Keeper 2 autographed (all 5 members)
- Dr. Stein autographed (3 copies, one all members but Kai, one just the two Michaels, and one from the entire band)
- about 8 tour shirts from the keepers era

Blind Guardian -
-Every album except SFB and ATTiM signed on vinyl (two copies of each of the first two)
-ANATO and ATTiM signed on cd.
-two SFB tour shirts
- Absurd amounts of other shirts

Angra:
-Original cassette version of the Reaching Horizons demo
-Two Angels Cry shirts
-Four Holy Land shirts
-One Fireworks tour shirt

Iced Earth:
-Night of the Stormrider autographed
-Burnt Offerings autographed
-The Dark Saga autographed
-Something Wicked autographed
-Horror show autographed
-The Something Wicked stage banner (smells very bad)

I've got assorted other stuff from Stratovarius, Edguy, Gamma Ray, and some other bands, but the ones I listed are my favorites. :D

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! HOW IN THE HELL did you get the something wicked banner?!

I don't have much collectible or autographed stuff, but my two favorites are my signed Morgana Lefay poster from Chicago Powerfest '05, and my Jeff Plate (Savatage) drumstick.

also, the original (VHS) box set of Queensryche - Operation: Livecrime, if that qualifies.

I'm still trying to track down a copy of the original Morgana Lefay - Symphony of the Damned vinyl... only 536 copies of that badboy were made, and I used to know someone who had one.

Does the Iced Earth banner smell like hellfire and brimstone?

The only really significant thing I can really think of is a copy of Nevermore's "Dead Heart" on vinyl, which lacks "Inside Four Walls".

Does the Iced Earth banner smell like hellfire and brimstone?

The only really significant thing I can really think of is a copy of Nevermore's "Dead Heart" on vinyl, which lacks "Inside Four Walls".

That's a fairly serious lack. :erk:

I'm thinking in terms of rarities in my collection....some signed, some not.
  • G'n'R, Live EP from Japan (I'm not sure it really has a title) -- has the graphically offensive, banned cover and was pulled from sale here shortly after I was tipped off about a copy at a store here by longtime Atlanta rock radio deejay Willard, who was a friend back in the good ol' days.
  • Megadeth, "Crown of Worms" 3-track single. Came in a unique baby's head-shaped vinyl sleeve.
  • Ozric Tentacles, Spice Doubt Streaming -- with the original 'fish floating in multicolored oil' wraparound translucent jacket. Won an award for Best CD Packaging that year, as I recall, and may have been the inspiration for the Dethklok "Dethwater" CD packaging shown on the cartoon. The resemblance is startling.
  • Blue Oyster Cult, "Astronomy" 4-track single. Autographed, and it's the one with the Stephen King spoken intro, distributed only to radio stations. I think I owe Willard for this one, too.....
  • Pantera, A Not So Vulgar Display Of Power. I really shouldn't cart this down to WREK-FM every weekend, but we tend to play something from it every two or three weeks :lol:
  • Michael Moorcock and the Deep Fix, original promotional button (or 'badge' as they say in the UK). Vanishingly rare, a gift from the artist/author. I have some old signed Deep Fix albums, too, but the button is probably worth more.
  • Dimmu Borgir, metal journal edition of Death Cult Armageddon. It was cheap and I was in the market for a boat-anchor. :lol:
  • Vitamin Enhanced Ozric Tentacles box-set (6 CDs). This was recalled almost immediately after Kellogg's filed a cease-and-desist on account of the box-set packaging, which looked like a mini cereal box...complete with red script logo that looked like Kellogg's. Copies of this are rare, especially nowadays. I have one, and I know that Mike Portnoy has another.
  • Dream Theater, several old original-silver boots, including Subconscious, Lost In the Sky, The Dance Of Eternity, Scenes From a Memory (not to be confused with the studio CD from a few years later :)) and others.....

And lots of signed CDs, way too many to count.....

I've got a lot of rare vinyl upstairs...Children of the Sun by Billy Thorpe, may he R.I.P., comes to mind, as well as a lot of Hawkwind, Rush, Zeppelin, etc.

And then there's lots of signed, framed artwork used on album covers, some worth $3-400+, but I digress. :)

Running Wild's "Treasure Chest" for the "Masquerade" cd. Limited wooden box, 500 copies, video, bandana, treasure map and cd.

Crematory flight case for their "remind" cd. Limited to either 500 or 1000.

Wolf Hoffman's medal collection from the Russian Roulette photo shoot.

Iron Maiden "Eddie Head"

Loudness box set of first 8 or so albums

In Flames wooden box with cd, oversize book and matches. Limited to 1000

Nightwish "Once" box with snowglobe and cd. Limited to 1000

Soilwork's "Stabbing" metal star box w/ cd. Limited to 1000

Helloween's "Rabbit" limited edition hat box set w/ seeds, stuffed rabbit, cd. Limited to 1000

Lots more boxsets and autographed drumheads. Also a signed guitar from Saxon.

2 original discs of the Badlands 1989 s/t album
Badlands s/t LP in mint condition
Badlands Voodoo Highway disc in mint condition

Savatage - Gutter Ballet disc signed by Jon Oliva, Chris Caffery, and Steve Walchoz from ProgPower V

Savatage - Handful of Rain disc signed by Alex Skolnick, Chris Caffery, and Steve Walchoz *Steve and Chris signed it at PPV and Alex signed it on the 2004 TSO Tour in Johnson City, TN.
Savatage - Live Devastation promo CD, Metal Blade *This was to be released by Metal Blade back in the mid 90s, but never was due to some sort of legal hangup. Only promos made it around to radio stations and so forth.

Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King, LP, Mint Condition

Jon Oliva's Pain - Maniacal Renderings Tin Can Edition, which is already out-of-print.

TSO - The Lost Christmas Eve disc signed by the entire 2004 East Coast Touring Company on their Johnson City, TN stop.

As of right now, that's all I can think of.

~Brian~

Alice Cooper's cane from a show at Merriweather Post - the girl behind me wasn't to happy that I snatched it out of my seat before she could get to it. :Shedevil:

I know there are some others, but that's the big one that I can think of off the top of my head.