Corsets: OT sort of

Egads, the ammount of drama this corset thing is producing is ridiculous!

Honestly, if anyone feels left out for NOT wearing a corset, it's because you choose to feel left out. If I forget mine, I'm not going to feel left out because I'm not wearing one. OH NOES! NO CORSET! NOT ONE OF US!!! *snort* please. Not one woman here has said anything near that, nor has it been implied.

People find exclusion where they want to find it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Agreed 1000% percent.

I'm excited about Corset night! But uhh...I notice most of the women appear to be wearing skirts. I was just going to wear jeans. Is that okay?

Nope that's it you're banned from corset night! ;)

Alright, I lied.

There are quite a few women who wear jeans/slacks with their corsets. I usually wear a skirt just because.

Again, feel what you feel like wearing... If you want to join in the corset night please feel free. If you want to wear jeans with your corset, go for it. If you want to wear a tee-shirt and a kilt, that's cool too. :)

Kitty- Thanks for getting my back.

-Metal

This is the part that is a little frustrating for us non-corset wearers. I have no desire to rain on anyone's parade because if you have fun doing it, go for it! Wearing corsets doesn't hurt a soul.

But, since I don't wear a corset, I'm not part of the bonding? That sucks.

-Sarah

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/315169-corsets-ot-sort-2.html#post6360781

If you want to track back, I mentioned int that post that women not in corsets have been involved in the picture as well. It's not meant to single anyone (or any group) out by any means.

-Metal

Originally Posted by sarbah77 View Post
...would get quite a turnout with bondage, though.

-Sarah
Copy__2__of_wolfie.jpg

I believe it was Frankie Banali that called them "the fleas and ticks of rock and roll". Metal cheerleaders, in more ways than one.
I wonder if there is a Julia Roberts movie somewhere in this whole discussion. Perhaps someone could pitch it to 'Life Time. But if somehow it made a "chick flick" these ladies might force some poor guys to have to go sit though it in order to get a "happy ending" to the evening.
I most say this is funnier than the board were I saw the people discussing what band t shirts they would wear at the fest. The odd thing there was it was guys discussing their clothes. I always thought the worrying about fashion for men in rock died with Poison's career, guess not. Well, don't tell Manowar about these guys.
As for the women I wonder how much Girlschool or Rock Goddess worried about fashion over the music. Then again I respected them for not being so shallow in appearance. But I guess you guys are needed like high school cheerleaders. Why I'm I suddenly thinking of 'Heathers'?

no one is 'worried' about what to wear and this isn't about fashion over the music. I certainly don't feel shallow about my appearance because I choose to participate in some 'theme' night, crimeaney can't a girl have some fun:saint:

NOT AT ALL!! I bonded (I said bonded not bondage, Yardley!) with plenty of the ladies and have not worn corsets at the designated night, this will be first year corset night for me. They are all lovely,wonderful, friendly and outgoing ladies. What you wear at PP shouldn't effect how you interact with them.

l_61426798d840b96980464dddd63484c7.jpg

I think this is proof of bonding without a corsett. I think......maybe.:p

no one is 'worried' about what to wear and this isn't about fashion over the music. I certainly don't feel shallow about my appearance because I choose to participate in some 'theme' night, crimeaney can't a girl have some fun:saint:

No, we're supposed to sit around and be quiet. Fun is reserved for kids who have nothing better to do than pick on each other and have food fights. Being adult is about focusing on the details of something, not the experience of something. Or did you miss that memo? :lol:

Of course, I wasn't cool enough, or hot enough, or shallow enough to be voted in to the position of cheerleader when I was in school. Then again, I had better things to do with my HS career than show my underwear and support a losing cause. :headbang:

No, you're supposed to sit there and look bored.... :rolleyes:

No, we're supposed to sit around and be quiet. Fun is reserved for kids who have nothing better to do than pick on each other and have food fights. Being adult is about focusing on the details of something, not the experience of something. Or did you miss that memo? :lol:

Of course, I wasn't cool enough, or hot enough, or shallow enough to be voted in to the position of cheerleader when I was in school. Then again, I had better things to do with my HS career than show my underwear and support a losing cause. :headbang:

That's the attitude!! :headbang:

I believe it was Frankie Banali that called them "the fleas and ticks of rock and roll". Metal cheerleaders, in more ways than one.
I wonder if there is a Julia Roberts movie somewhere in this whole discussion. Perhaps someone could pitch it to 'Life Time. But if somehow it made a "chick flick" these ladies might force some poor guys to have to go sit though it in order to get a "happy ending" to the evening.
I most say this is funnier than the board were I saw the people discussing what band t shirts they would wear at the fest. The odd thing there was it was guys discussing their clothes. I always thought the worrying about fashion for men in rock died with Poison's career, guess not. Well, don't tell Manowar about these guys.
As for the women I wonder how much Girlschool or Rock Goddess worried about fashion over the music. Then again I respected them for not being so shallow in appearance. But I guess you guys are needed like high school cheerleaders. Why I'm I suddenly thinking of 'Heathers'?

Some of the ladies at this fest rock just as hard as the guys do, and sometimes even more so.... Maybe you should be handing out towels in the Manowar locker room? Prog Power is all about FUN & good music, and I honestly don't see a "flea"/"tick" in the bunch....
(p.s. I do agree that guys openly discussing (in detail) what to wear to a fest/show is a little weird!) :heh:

l_61426798d840b96980464dddd63484c7.jpg

I think this is proof of bonding without a corsett. I think......maybe.:p

Wow. You know, I wish I had the body to do that with my AMoLaD shirt. :(

Also, I want to see J-Dubya in a corset. :lol:

As for Mr. (or Ms.) Heaven and Hell Records up there: Thank you oh-so-much for the vote of confidence. It certainly seems to me that the only one here overly-concered with this "fashion" idea is you.

Just give me the Paypal account, and I'll donate to prevent that!

(no offense man)

It's ok, I understand.....:cry:
(not even a butt corset? I'll practice walking on my hands again!)

Al just sort of whimpered and said "no!" when I told him about this, J-Dubya. :D

I can't even get Al to wear a kilt. :(

That man needs to get in touch with his tightly bound skirted side!
I would guess a kilt/corset combo would be out of the question?:heh:

After reading your diatribe, I can't help but notice the irony of you being affronted by feminine things when you yourself sound like a douche bag. :lol:

Wow. You know, I wish I had the body to do that with my AMoLaD shirt. :(

Also, I want to see J-Dubya in a corset. :lol:

As for Mr. (or Ms.) Heaven and Hell Records up there: Thank you oh-so-much for the vote of confidence. It certainly seems to me that the only one here overly-concered with this "fashion" idea is you.

Just making a funny observation. Personally don't care, it's just typical of most women. Interesting to see that most are no different no matter what the situation. Well have fun at what you do.