*Cough*Glenn*Awaken the Guardian*

...but if Glenn lined up Fates Warning (Awaken the Guardian) lineup to headline one night and Savatage the next, he could line up a bunch of cover, bar bands singing Conway Twitty songs for the rest of the roster and ProgPower would sell out within hours!

~Brian~

Looks like a US tour is in the works:
Fri, October 9 – Hartford, CT, Webster Theater
Sat, October 10 – Worcester, MA, Palladium
Sun, October 11 – Poughkeepsie, NY, The Chance
Fri, October 23 – Dallas, TX, Trees
Sat, October 24 – Houston, TX, Scout Bar
Sun, October 25 – San Antonio, TX, 210 Kapone’s Live

Looks like a US tour is in the works:
Fri, October 9 – Hartford, CT, Webster Theater
Sat, October 10 – Worcester, MA, Palladium
Sun, October 11 – Poughkeepsie, NY, The Chance
Fri, October 23 – Dallas, TX, Trees
Sat, October 24 – Houston, TX, Scout Bar
Sun, October 25 – San Antonio, TX, 210 Kapone’s Live

To clarify, that is with Ray on vox.

Anyone know what the fall US tour is about, i.e. continuing the DIaDL tour, or featuring something else? They are hitting venues for the second time, which is kind of odd after this long, so curious if it will be an entirely different set than the DIaDL tour (I'm going again either way, of course).

Anyone know what the fall US tour is about, i.e. continuing the DIaDL tour, or featuring something else? They are hitting venues for the second time, which is kind of odd after this long, so curious if it will be an entirely different set than the DIaDL tour (I'm going again either way, of course).

It's about ignoring the DC area.

Additional dates added to Fates Warning fall tour...
FATES WARNING UPDATE US TOUR SCHEDULE FOR OCTOBER 2015

The schedule is now as follows:

October
9 - The Webster Theater - Hartford, Connecticut
10 - The Palladium - Worcester, Massachusetts
11 - The Chance Theate - Poughkeepsie, New York
13 - St. Vitus - Brooklyn, New York
14 - Club Revolution - Amityville, New York
16 - Token Lounge - Detroit, Michigan
17 - Reggie's - Chicago, Illinois
18 - Agora Theater - Cleveland, Ohio
20 - McGarvey's Bar - Altoona, Pennsylvania
23 - Trees - Dallas, Texas
24 - Scout Bar - Houston, Texas
25 - Kapone's Live - San Antonio, Texas
27 - The Roxy - Denver, Colorado
29 - Club Red - Mesa, Arizona
30 - Tiki Bar, Costa Mesa - California
31 - Rockbar - San Jose, California

November
1 - The Whiskey - Los Angeles, California

KingsGene bump

Blabbermouth report on the Keep It True performance over the weekend, with fan-shot video:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vi...p-performs-at-germanys-keep-it-true-festival/

"Video: FATES WARNING's 'Awaken The Guardian' Lineup Performs At Germany's KEEP IT TRUE Festival
May 1, 2016

fateswarningkeepittrue2016_638.jpg

American progressive power metal legends FATES WARNING celebrated the 30th anniversary of their "Awaken The Guardian" album with an exclusive headlining live appearance at the 2016 edition of the Keep It True festival on April 30 in Lauda-Konigshofen, Germany. The band — in its original "Awaken The Guardian" lineup, featuring John Arch (vocals), Jim Matheos (guitar), Frank Aresti (guitar), Joe DiBiase (bass) and Steve Zimmerman (drums) — played the complete LP, as well as other songs from the Arch era of FATES WARNING. This was an exclusive European show and the first time FATES WARNING performed an old-school set with Arch on vocals.

Fan-filmed video footage of the concert can be seen below.

Metal Blade Records in 2005 released an expanded edition of the "Awaken the Guardian" album. The three-disc set — consisting of two CDs and one DVD — included remastered versions of the album's original eight tracks, a complete CD of live and demo tracks, and a DVD featuring live footage from 1986.

FATES WARNING, with Arch on vocals, unleashed three albums (1984's "Night On Bröcken", 1985's "The Spectre Within" and "Awaken The Guardian") that would go on to influence progressive-minded bands like DREAM THEATER, before Arch left the group.

"We've actually stayed good friends throughout the years," Matheos told Noisecreep in 2011. "When John first left FATES WARNING back in 1987, there was definitely some distance between us and it was hard to get through. But we eventually patched things up some years later and we've stayed in touch since then. I wrote with him for his 'A Twist Of Fate' solo album back in 2003. We actually live a couple of hours from each other so we'll get together from time to time and go on hikes and stuff like that. We get along better today than we've ever had."

In a 1995 interview, Arch stated about the songwriting process for "Awaken The Guardian": "The music came first and we'd work on that music until it really got flowing. Sometimes Jim would write parts that were designed for a lead and I would listen to it and say, 'Y'know, Jim, I think I could write something vocally really nice over that.' He would give me that part and then he would write a lead part, so we had spare parts filed, who knows what, where we would put the songs together and they started to flow, and then the lyrics came in and then the song would sort of inspire me. I'd lay back, y'know, 12:30, 1 o'clock in the morning with the headphones on, over and over again, I'd just close my eyes and use my imagination, and, before you know it, I had kind of a theme or a topic to write around. And I'd have one line... the first line, of course, was always the hardest, and once you get past... and I always wanted to have something from beginning to end, a complete message and a complete thought, and I'd do my damndest to fit it all in! That's why it seems so busy; there was so much crammed into one song just because of the way we wrote. That's why it would be hard for me today to write anything where I would just sit down and just write lyrics and then write music around it. That would be ass-backwards compared to what it used to be like."

The "Awaken The Guardian" lineup of FATES WARNING will also perform at the sold-out ProgPower USA festival in early September.

"Long Time Past"/"Exodus":

"Fata Morgana":

"Prelude to Ruin": https://youtu.be/NLjEEKOUyY8

Setlist:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fates...nhalle-lauda-konigshofen-germany-bf12152.html

EDIT: see this was posted this morning...ergh...sorry.

Last edited: