Could anyone please tell me what kind of distortion or equipment Amaran uses?

Yahwwwwwwwwww said:
I would really appreciate it if you tell me.

Well, I think I can :) On "Pristine In Bondage" we used an Engl Savage 120 amplifier. No additional effect where used for the guitars except for some gate (that's not really an effect :) ) and some reverb on some parts...

Is this what you wanted to know???

Oh,but the Engl 120 is just a head isn't it? Then what cabinet did you use for the album and are you still using the same equipment?

Yahwwwwwwwwww said:
Oh,but the Engl 120 is just a head isn't it? Then what cabinet did you use for the album and are you still using the same equipment?

The cabinet was a ordinary Marshall 4x12 (can't remember which model since that one was the studioguys)...

I use Engl Savage 120 with a vintage Marshall (4x12) speaker and Ronnie uses Rivera Knucklehead with a re-issue vintage Marshall (4x12) speaker. I play Ibanez JEMs and Ronnie plays RG series.

Do you think that the savage 120 is better than the powerball or the fireball?
if you do, then why is that?

Yahwwwwwwwwww said:
Do you think that the savage 120 is better than the powerball or the fireball?
if you do, then why is that?

Yes, I do think that the Savage 120 is better than both the Fireball and the Powerball... Why? Because you can do so much changes to it than to the others... But I guess that's just a matter of taste...

True that. I use Engl too (E580 & 930/60) and when I first heard Amaran I immediately recognized the Engl-tone. I used to play it thru a Carvin-cab, later a Marshall Classic (Greenbacks)-cab, and now an Engl-cab. (Standard). But the tone is always there. Thru the Engl-cab it sounds complete. It lets the sound breathe. The Marshall couldn't handle the lows, but it sounded great when you cut off the lows. And the Carvin sounds like a Vintage30-cab, but you have to like that. (I don't). The Engl-cab has Celestion V60's.
But the stuff sounds the best when Kari and Ronnie are playing thru Engl hehe \m/