Crimson II - nobody talks about this anymore

Don't get me wrong, I think there are some great songs on AE, and he does take some risks on it. What I meant by that comment is that after Terria, which I hold to be his masterpiece, and a recording of incredible depth, I couldn't help but feel that the more straightforward songs on AE had something missing...it's just me being a typical spoiled prog fan. :)

NAD said:
So is Resurrection Through Carnage worth picking up? I never heard a positive comment about that album until now.
Really?

Resurrection Through Carnage was my number 2 album of 2002, only getting beat out by Decapitated's Nilhility. Everyone that I know loves Bloodbath. As I always say, best work Akerfeldt has ever done...

Yeah, all I heard was word of mouth though, no reviews. The consensus I saw was "EP good, full length bad." Definitely Mikael's best vocals, yes.

I'll pick up RTC soon.

And for the record, the members of Bloodbath had little to do with my liking of the album. I'm indifferent towards Katatonia and I can't stand Opeth. As far as I'm concerned, there are not nearly enough albums made in this style (old school Sunlight studios sounding Swedish death metal).

Speaking of, the new Fleshcrawl rules. :)