Crimson - Starless Box Set

chrisg

Aug 30, 2006
Duluth, Ga.
Ken,

Have you had a chance to listen to any of these live recordings? I'd like your opinion before I open myself up for spousal abuse....it is a very tempting purchase.....

Thanks,

Chris

Bob,

She really is pretty good about letting me indulge in my weekly purchases. Since she hasn't worked in about 2 and 1/2 years, she really can't complain.:)

Maybe Ken will open one & sell it to you at Half off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,( Yeah Right):erk:

I bought my copy from Burning Shed (sorry Ken I didn't think that you would carry this) and I've had it for about two weeks now. I've listened to the first two cds so far and the sound is great. It will take me a long time to get through this box. Hell, I'm still not completely through the Road to Red or the Lark's Tongues boxes. The Starless box set, as the others, is aesthetically very well done. However, you have to be really in to improvised music to invest in this. Many of the shows have the same songs, albeit never done exactly the same. If you are a casual Crimson fan, or even a big fan, then all you probably need of the '72 - '74 lineup is the Great Deceiver box set, Night Watch and maybe Asbury Park (USA).

Well if I paid attention I would have saved money because I'm sure I paid more than you charge. So just call me a dumb ass. If I remember, I pre-ordered many months ago under the scare tactics of "Limited Edition" :lol: What is it they call someone who does the same thing over and over and expects a different result?