Cruise To The Edge 2018

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
YES, MARILLION, MIKE PORTNOY + DEREK SHERINIAN Set For Next Year's 'Cruise To The Edge'

"...Iconic prog-rock artists and cruise headliners YES, MARILLION, Steve Hackett, Mike Portnoy and Derek Sherinian, Carl Palmer's ELP LEGACY (honoring the magic of Keith Emerson and Greg Lake) and Marin Barre (of JETHRO TULL) will perform multiple sets.

Other esteemed performers confirmed include: SAGA, ANATHEMA, GONG, HAKEN, GLASS HAMMER, ADRIAN BELEW POWER TRIO, LIFESIGNS, KNIFEWORLD, STICK MEN (with special guest violinist David Cross), SOUND OF CONTACT, MOON SAFARI, IO EARTH, BAD DREAMS, THANK YOU SCIENTIST, BARAKA..."

When I saw the name "Cruise to the Edge" the first thing I thought of was "Yes". So here I am and your posting above indeed lists "Yes" playing on the cruise.

I've only seen them twice, once in 1978 and once in 1979 when they played "in the round" - which was a circular rotating stage. Both shows had the classic lineup of Anderson, Howe, Squier, Wakeman, and White. I also missed one show due to a family vacation to Florida. When you're a kid you can't always get out of some things, and I couldn't get out of the vacation to see Yes. Oh well. I still have the full ticket as a souvenir. What I really missed was going to the show with my Italian girlfriend. ;-)

P1020798_zps0cwflvzv.jpg