Crystal Viper signs with AFM records

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
Looks like so far in the last couple days, AFM is getting into a signing frenzy. These guys are pretty damn good and seem to be workaholics as they plan to release a live album and a studio album this year.

"Polish female-fronted traditional heavy metal act CRYSTAL VIPER has inked a deal with Germany's AFM Records. "We are truly happy, as except being extremely serious, these guys have the same passion as we do: heavy metal. And that's what really matters!" states Marta Gabriel, CRYSTAL VIPER vocalist and guitarist.

The first CRYSTAL VIPER release on AFM will be the live album titled "Defenders Of The Magic Circle: Live In Germany", scheduled for June 4. The band will also enter the studio this summer to record its third album for a late 2010 release. :headbang:

CRYSTAL VIPER's latest album, "Metal Nation", was released on February 1 through Karthago Records (CD version) and High Roller Records (limited vinyl version). The CD was recorded at the brand new MP Studio in Poland with engineer Mariusz Pietka and producer Bart Gabriel.

"Metal Nation" was mixed at the Sonic Train Studios (HAMMERFALL, KING DIAMOND, EVERGREY, FALCONER etc.) in Varberg, Sweden by the Grammy-nominated KING DIAMOND guitarist Andy La Rocque. The CD features three very special guests: Manni Schmidt of GRAVE DIGGER, Frank Knight of X-WILD and Lars Ramcke of STORMWARRIOR. "

thanks "Blabbermouth".

Thier last one didnt grab me like the early stuff. Still a great band though. One of the few female fronted bands that still interest me.

Agreed. I've always had a thing for that brand of female singing in a metal band. Most of the "gothic" metal bands tend to sound the same to me.

Thier last one didnt grab me like the early stuff.

Same here.

I hope that their new effort will be better than "Metal Nation" which was good, but not a killer like the debut.

Good news for the signing, AFM will help them with a better promotion. They deserve to be heard by a bigger audience.

Agreed. I've always had a thing for that brand of female singing in a metal band. Most of the "gothic" metal bands tend to sound the same to me.
+1

Have to say, I do really like "Metal Nation." :headbang: Just played that album the other day. Still have it in my car. What I wouldn't give to bring this band to the states someday.

Metalkast did a really good interview with Marta the other week too. http://web.me.com/metalkast/METALKAST/Podcast/Entries/2010/3/13_METALKAST_2010:_EPISODE_116.html