Darkest Era - Severance (2014)

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Totally digging this...

Severance500_zps19629df6.jpg

If nothing else, you have to love the description from the review on Angry Metal Guy, "...if you imagine Primordial‘s To the Nameless Dead and Atlantean Kodex in a head on collision, with Immortal hovering around the wreckage making funny faces and wrestling poses, then you’re on the right track..."

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought one of their albums a long time ago and it seemed like a poor mans primordial with some folky instruments thrown in. i probably should have liked it more than i did. then again, other than journeys end and spirit the earth aflame, primordial does little for me. i didnt like atlantean kodex

this ain't so bad

that guitarist girl is a qt

the mix is too compressed

Maybe not as good as Primordial or Mael Mordha.

Along with the vox, this right here is the problem. Sounds "peachy" and all, but no incentive to listen to this over the aforementioned. I was listening to Redemption at the Puritan's Hand on the way to work today. While being one of the band's weaker offerings, it evoked an inward noodle dance. I coasted along in my barrio tested bucket through the favela of my dismay, as chipper as a Braves third baseman. That right there is the litmus test on whether or not a release is "quality." If an album can put me in good spirits, without the need for a spirit in hand, then it's class material.

The more I listen to this album, the more I find myself thoroughly enjoying it. The vocals are actually a big selling point for me. I can't get this chorus out of my head...

Last edited by a moderator:
The vocals are great. Kind of reminds me of the vocal style in Year of the Goat, somewhat limited range at the top but a lot of emotion.