Dead Or Dreaming

Txsxhx

Dead or Dreaming?
Oct 16, 2007
This album goes in my top 5 of all time.

Loved Nargang's vocals, I miss them.

Everything in this album is perfect.

That's funny... I hadn't listened to that album in a long time and recently they played Shallow for us at the ProgPower afterparty, that songs has always been one of my favorites and certainly the DoD favorite... and I was surprised that compared to the new stuff, I didn't like it nearly as much anymore ;) As great a voice Nargang has, with Stu's vocals I don't miss anything anymore :headbang: (even his growls are close to Rob's legendary deeeeeeep inhaling growls)

Haha yeah I love Stu's growls, the beginning of Timeless Winter is godly.
Me and a friend blast it in the car and trying to sing the chorus but we just can't hit the WINTAAAAAH!

And Shallow is a great song, love the switching of vocals in the verses.
But one question, is it Roth who sings the 2nd clean vocals in that album? Like in Cyber Messiah.

That's funny... I hadn't listened to that album in a long time and recently they played Shallow for us at the ProgPower afterparty, that songs has always been one of my favorites and certainly the DoD favorite... and I was surprised that compared to the new stuff, I didn't like it nearly as much anymore ;) As great a voice Nargang has, with Stu's vocals I don't miss anything anymore :headbang: (even his growls are close to Rob's legendary deeeeeeep inhaling growls)

Which ProgPower dear?

:)

-MetalRose

DOD is still my favorite album...not to say the more recent records aren't great. I miss hearing all the old tunes...back in the days when their gigs would consist of the entire DOD album and a few tracks off of the s/t album. Bring back the classics Tim...BRING THEM BACK...!! I know deep down he wants to play "Torn" and "Speak of the Dead" and "Unholy"...he's just afraid to admit it to himself...haha...!!