Demo's, CD- and LP pressings - CATALOGUE

haayema

A.A. Collector
Jul 10, 2008
The Netherlands
So I was wondering, is there a known catalogue which lists all (un)released stuff from Amon Amarth?

When I'm into a band, I'd like to collect as much as possible. All stuff like demo's, promo's, different pressings, misspresses etc.

Anyone willing to share some info about this?
I searched with the search option, but couldn't find anything related...

Dude, listen to me, don't make the same mistakes I did when I was young (gosh I feel old saying this...)
I used to collect everything that is somehow serialized (if that is the correct translation). Like I remember me investing all my pocket money in video tapes to record whole series from TV and I got so nervous when I missed one, it was like real pain.
Perfectionism can be good, but don't let it escalate.
Be happy if you find something you can add to your collection, but don't try to get a complete collection (which is actually not really possible). Get as much as possible, as you said, but don't get in an viscious circle.

But - to answer your question, have you had a look at Victorious Merch yet? Searched through Metal Blade? Or Google? You'd be surprised what you find ;)

Dude, listen to me, don't make the same mistakes I did when I was young (gosh I feel old saying this...)
I used to collect everything that is somehow serialized (if that is the correct translation). Like I remember me investing all my pocket money in video tapes to record whole series from TV and I got so nervous when I missed one, it was like real pain.
Perfectionism can be good, but don't let it escalate.
Be happy if you find something you can add to your collection, but don't try to get a complete collection (which is actually not really possible). Get as much as possible, as you said, but don't get in an viscious circle.

But - to answer your question, have you had a look at Victorious Merch yet? Searched through Metal Blade? Or Google? You'd be surprised what you find ;)

Thanks for your advice :)
Unfortunately, I allready am a collector :p I collect Metallica items too, allthough I'm much more into deatm metal etc.

Anyway, I found some diverse items on ebay, like 3 different versions of Sorrow, and a digipack from Fate of Norns I haven't seen before.

I just think it would be cool to catalogue all official releases, I don't really like bootlegs etc. But maybe I'll start small and post my findings here ;)

Maybe anyone could tell me what rarest items are? I guess the Scum demos myself, but again, i haven't really put time into this, YET.

OK, so I've done some "research", and came up with some quite standard info about CD and LP pressings, etc.
I'm just gonna post it here, please enter your own additions, info, pictures etc. to it!!

Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds:
- 1996 1st press digipack, limited to 1.500 copies
- later re-pressed as normal MCD in 2 versions: 1.500 and 1.000 copies (year?)
- 2000 MCD reissue: digitally remastered, 2000 copies
- 2001: limited picture disc, 500 copies, released by Metal Surpremacy Records

Once Sent from the Golden Hall:
- 1st press was limited, only 1.000 copies on CD and LP.
- 2nd press features a picture disc, 500 copies, released in 2005
- Cassette

The Avenger:
- Released as CD and LP
- In 2005 a picture disc was released, 500 copies
- I'm not sure if there was a single LP, 2Lp or both
- CD digipack with bonustrack "Thor Arise"
- Cassette

The Crusher:
- Released as CD and LP
- I'm not sure if there was a single LP, 2Lp or both
- There seems to be a digipack CD version, too. Haven't seen it

Versus the World:
- Originally released in 2 CD set (viking edition) and 2 LP (500 copies)
- Later CD releases have 1 CD
- Double Cassette

Fate of Norns:
- Released on CD and LP
- 3 CD versions: normal jewelcase CD, digipack with DVD and promo with CD-Rom
- I'm not sure if there excists a picture disc or 2LP version

With Oden On Our Side:
- Released on CD and LP
- 3 CD versions: regular CD, 2 CD digipack and limited edition digipack with bottleopener
- LP is on red wax vinyl, not sure about other vinyl releases
- Cd single with 2 tracks: Runes to My Memory and Cry of the Blackbirds (promo?)

Twilight of the Thunder God:
- Regular CD, 3 CD and DVD deluxe digipack
- 12" picture disc, 500 copies, 12" 2LP
- Box set, with bobbleheads, poster and CD/DVD

Before that:
- SCUM demo(s): I haven't got any info about this, please post here!
- Thor Arise: No info either, does it excist?
- The arrival of the Fimbul winter:
  1. Sekf-released demo, 1994
  2. limited to 1.000 copies
  3. Three different colours: Red (1st press, Scum Records labels), green (2nd press, Fimbul Records labels) and blue (last press, Fimbul Records labels)

This is all I have at the moment. Of course there are several promo's available for the regular presses, like an TOTTG CD promo. I read somewhere on the boards about a Once... cassette, haven't seen any cassettes ever, maybe a boot?? Please post info here ;)

Aslo, there seem to be different presses for different countries. I have some Russian editions from FOHO or something.

OF course there also are the "side projects" from some bandmembers, for example This Ending with Fred.

Well, now it's time to put your info and pics up here, I'd prefer demo's, early stuff and vinyl, but see for yourself!!

Its with Metal Blade yes. Ill post a pic up here tomorrow or friday. Need to go back home to get it, at my other house at the minute.

Congrats to the lucky fucker who won the Amon Amarth demo on Ebay:lol:

It went for $174.15. I already had $100.00 on it, but I was in school and just got back home. Couldn't leave early because I would've missed an "important lesson" according to my prof. I definitely could have missed it. Who ever got the demo was a very lucky individual. I had $350.00 set for the demo. Oh well, next time.

Damn, I missed the demo as wel, entered 181$, but was too late :(
Also FORGOT about once sent from the golden hall picture disc, went for only € 40,- wanted to bid € 51 :(

Anyone wants to sell his/hers? :p

I mailed with someone from Metalblade about vinyls.
Turns out that toghether with the re-releases of the first four albums on CD, the LPs will be re-released as well.

A chance for everybody to get his vinyl collection complete! (allthough I'd still prefer 1st presses!).