Depeche Mode

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
I've really been getting into Depeche Mode lately. Anybody here like them? I'm enjoying their mid-period (86-90). Their music is so dark yet danceable... a very interesting combo. "Enjoy the Silence" is of course... one of the greatest tunes ever written.

Depeche Mode are one of my favourite musical acts. Infact a friend of mine did a DM cover last night at an open mic night, it's was really interesting to hear something that is typically electro being played acouticly.

'words are very unnecssary...'

I just have their Violator cd, it's alright I guess, spin it around once in a while.

They recently released a new album called Playing The Angel. It's pretty good. Better than the previous two releases.

One of the greatest bands, ever.

The dark vibe they emit is chilling. And, they've managed to keep electronic music fresh and vital for over 2 decades now.

My fav of theirs is "Songs of Faith and Devotion" or "Violator". Very difficult to decide.....also massive is "Music for the Masses".

ANY metalhead will love the dark mini-epic "In Your Room".

Depeche Mode is one of my favorite bands. Violator, Black Celebration, and Songs of Faith and Devotion are my major favorites, but I think their new album could nudge its way into that list eventually.

Depeche Mode is one of my favorite bands from the '80s and they still rock. A few of my favorites:
Stripped
Shake the Disease
Somebody
World in my Eyes
It's no good.

I didn't like the new album much I don't think the songs are very strong and it sounds like it could have been written ten years ago whereas Violator was ahead of other albums of it's period. It's funny also how some of the songs sound just like the early 80's.