Describe Arcturus...

Being a studio vocalist only is a flaw. I promise you without auto tuning and effects Garm would not be able to sound nearly as good with those high notes as he did on The Sham Mirrors. Why do you think he never sang live? All I've seen was that video with Ulver and well, it was just embarrassing.

Maybe, but when the studio material is as good as it is, I'm willing to look past it.

Being a studio vocalist only is a flaw. I promise you without auto tuning and effects Garm would not be able to sound nearly as good with those high notes as he did on The Sham Mirrors. Why do you think he never sang live? All I've seen was that video with Ulver and well, it was just embarrassing.

Garm said his reasons for not playing live is because he believes music should be a personal experience or something. :lol:

You know what just forget it, everyones missing my point.

I happened to be listening to Arcturus when I clicked this. I'm a sad Panda. I want them back, I don't care which singer. If Heckhammer is really leaving Dimmu Borgir like I heard someone make him get them back together!

You know what just forget it, everyones missing my point.

I happened to be listening to Arcturus when I clicked this. I'm a sad Panda. I want them back, I don't care which singer. If Heckhammer is really leaving Dimmu Borgir like I heard someone make him get them back together!

We all get your point. I'm just a fanboy and felt like being a bit antagonistic.

I love when someone asks what a band sounds like, and then the majority of the replies are, "Just download it and find out." This is probably the worst part of technology, where everyone says that and no one can describe anything. I guess a lot of people never bought Metal magazines to see what was going on.

Just out of curiosity, if I could dl something, do you think I'd be asking the question in the first place?

Anyways, who sings on which album and by the replies, The Sham Mirrors is the most recommended?

I love when someone asks what a band sounds like, and then the majority of the replies are, "Just download it and find out." This is probably the worst part of technology, where everyone says that and no one can describe anything. I guess a lot of people never bought Metal magazines to see what was going on.

Just out of curiosity, if I could dl something, do you think I'd be asking the question in the first place?

Anyways, who sings on which album and by the replies, The Sham Mirrors is the most recommended?

Garm is on all of them but Sideshow Symphonies. Simen did a little vocals on LMI. Definitly get The Sham Mirrors first.

Lol that's some attitude. You should consider being a bit independent for once, no use taking advice from people on music to be honest, considering it's all taste, and as we all know, taste is subjective. Download it and listen. Don't take our words for it. But if you still insist on being dependent on us to decide what you should listen to, download La Masquerade Infernal or The Sham Mirrors. Sham Mirrors is probably the most accessible though (Like that's a good thing :erk: )

Øjeblikket;6898485 said:
Yeah, anytime the vocals for Raudt og Svart come to mind, I'm hearing Simen's performance on the dvd. kicks ass.

Exactly. The only song on LMI I liked Garm on was Painting My Horror. I hate it when he tries to do those deep opera vocals, it sounds extremely amateur. I can't even listen to Master of Disguise because Simen immediately outshines him.

I like The Sham Mirrors so much more because he used his higher range.