Devin Townsend... its official...

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
He must return next year at ProgPower and do a Ziltoid thematic show. And then aftewards do a set of his Devin Townsend Band material or something.

I'd find it amusing to see a Ziltoid set somewhere. That's the first disc from him that I've really enjoyed. I haven't heard them all, but of theones I have ZTO is my favorite.

Britt

My thoughts as well. His set last time was hit or miss for most, but Ziltoid is pretty damn good. BTW, I hope if he does come back, he turns the volume down a smidge....

BTW, I hope if he does come back, he turns the volume down a smidge....
For some reason that year all the shows he did were WAY too loud.

However, I saw him on the Opeth/Dark Tranquility tour, and let me just say: AMAZING. He brought his own sound guy, and they sounded crystal clear and as good as CD quality! The playing was excellent, they had great dynamics, and extremely stunning vocals. I mean, no show I've ever seen sounded as good (except Roger Waters and Pink Floyd concerts)...

Actually,he can do this
Have the Ziltoid part be a puppet show with Devin's band playing behind a curtain
Then after the Ziltiot part,Devins band does some of his other stuff
Devin must headline!!

Devin has stated that he'll be stepping away from tours and press for a while. He's said he's burnt out and will basically live in his home studio writing, recording and releasing music.

Zod

A one off show of the entire Ziltoid album + other work wouldn't be a tour, though. I'm hoping he'd be willing to do a show like that as I think it would be amazing to see.

A one off show of the entire Ziltoid album + other work wouldn't be a tour, though. I'm hoping he'd be willing to do a show like that as I think it would be amazing to see.
Agreed. However, if you read his statements, he doesn't want to be in the public eye at all, for the foreseeable future. Also, keep in mind, Devin has done a ton of big tours. One-offs may be attractive to some bands, but I doubt Devin would rush to assemble his band, rehearse for two weeks and travel to Atlanta to be a #3 slot band at a festival where he wasn't warmly received last time.

Zod

He must return next year at ProgPower and do a Ziltoid thematic show. And then aftewards do a set of his Devin Townsend Band material or something.

I am, not everything has to be <sarcasm>frilly shirts, lots of hair, and dragons.</sarcasm>

Excuse my trolling alter-ego, but I reeally enjoyed his show at PP III, found it to be a good change of pace from all the constant double-bass and falsettos(not that there is anything wrong with that).:lol:

Agreed. However, if you read his statements, he doesn't want to be in the public eye at all, for the foreseeable future. Also, keep in mind, Devin has done a ton of big tours. One-offs may be attractive to some bands, but I doubt Devin would rush to assemble his band, rehearse for two weeks and travel to Atlanta to be a #3 slot band at a festival where he wasn't warmly received last time.

Zod

Showcase headliner?