Devin Townsend...

GoufCustom

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I have just recently discovered Devin Townsend due to numerous amounts of praise. I've heard snippets of Infinity and Physicist, I like what I heard. I want to buy Inifinity, I'm wary of Physicist due to the lack of recommendations. But, my main problem is. Should I buy the rest of his albums on a whim?

Note: I will be getting Terria, but I'm not sure of Ocean Machine.

im really sick of hearing all the negative shit about physicist. it's arguably his best album...the flow is amazing, the song writing is unparalleled and the emotion is over the top. it's my second favorite to ocean machine. but like someon else said, devin's "worst" album is still better than anything else thats out there. buy them all and let them grow on you. he's a fuckin genius.

Yeah, I kinda get pissed whenever I hear something negative about Physicist too, especially since Terria gets far more praise, and in comparison, I'd say The Physicist destroys Terria... not that Terria is bad at all, it's just that Physicist is far superior IMO.

I love all of Devin's albums, including Physicist. I also get pissed at people saying its his worst. If there was an album i'd say i liked the least, it'd be Infinity. The musicianship is awsome, but minus Bad Devil, Ants and Colonial Boy, nothing on it really stuck to me like the songs on his other albums. Everything he's done kicks ass though.

Originally posted by EvilGenius
Yeah, I kinda get pissed whenever I hear something negative about Physicist too, especially since Terria gets far more praise, and in comparison, I'd say The Physicist destroys Terria... not that Terria is bad at all, it's just that Physicist is far superior IMO.

I totally agree. I like Terria, but i can't get into it as much as i can Physicist. I've had both a while i've listened to Terria maybe 10x Physicist many many more.

I'm listening to Planet Rain right now from Physicist. Goddamn, I didn't think it was possible to put that much emotion into a song. When Devin is screaming "I'm sorry"...holy fuck! Such an amazing album.