Metman

Buffalo Bills /Mets/Rangers Fan
Jan 19, 2006
Long Island
Releases for 2012 that Didnt Do It For you;;

Rush---Clockwork Angles
Marillion---Sounds That Cant Be Heard

Rush - Clockwork Angels

A bit of a step down for me from Snakes & Arrows which was very immediate and fantastic. Some good material still but it hasn't really sunk in yet.

Rush - Clockwork Angels

A bit of a step down for me from Snakes & Arrows which was very immediate and fantastic. Some good material still but it hasn't really sunk in yet.

The Book at Barnes & Noble is better than the cd??:D

Rush - Clockwork Angels

I actually like Clockwork Angels; the song "The Garden" is a great song, one of my favorites by them.

Interesting. I think the opposite. I liked CA more than S&A.

I've talked to a few other people who like CA better. I seem to be in the minority, which I find odd. There is just a stronger energy on S&A that I don't feel on this new one. There was a greater hookiness to the songs on S&A that I haven't gotten from CA. To me, it feels a bit weak, very much like Vapor Trails. I'm not a big fan of that one, I feel its very directionless and doesn't have a lot that really stands out.

My favorite track off CA is "The Anarchist". Its got a really great chorus that clicks with me. I'll just have to listen to the full album again and see if I feeel any different since time's passed

Bob:

I didn't think it was possible but I think your spelling has gotten even worse. It's embarrassing to read "disappointments" in a topic heading. I'll see if I can edit it - I can't stand looking at it.

Ken

I know I'm on the short list on this
but I can't stand Kompendium.
Sounds like pbs Celtic Women 7.
I really feel bad putting that much money out for it:Spin:

mw:wave:

and I like Bob's mis-spelling;
shows Im not the only one getting old

how many cards total d'ya get this year?
Ken

This might sound ridiculous but here goes:

My big problem with Clockwork Angels is its flow. The songs do not feed into each other as a well thought-out musical statement should. Interestingly enough (at least to my ears), I found that I enjoyed it better when I listened to it in the following order:

1) Clockwork Angels
2) The Wreckers
3) The Anarchist
4) Carnies
5) Halo Effect
6) Caravan
7) BU2B
8) Seven Cities Of Gold
9) BU2B2
10) Wish Them Well
11) The Garden
12) Headlong Flight

Try it out and see if you like it any better... :D

Bob:

I didn't think it was possible but I think your spelling has gotten even worse. It's embarrassing to read "disappointments" in a topic heading. I'll see if I can edit it - I can't stand looking at it.

Ken

Then Move on to Another Topic!!!!

Bob:

Ken

As Long as ""'Lasers Edge"' is spelled properly on the Checks ,Thats all that Matters...:D