Do you think Katatonia should make a video?

Do you think Katatonia should make a video

• Total voters

OracleDeist

LORD IAN
Mar 27, 2003
New York City
Visit site
Come on now how many albums has it been since katatonia came out and still not even one music video!!!!!!!!

I thought last fair deal was the perfect album for them to make a video
for but no there was no video, this is really pissing me off hopefully more of you loyal fans see this and speak out as well because this an outrage.

Btw, in 10th april Katatonia will give live show in cult TV Studio Krzemionki in Krakow, Poland. We'll get live DVD soon, im 99% sure. I have some shit from that studio (MDB, Rotting Christ etc), all I need its Katatonia video from there... like we all I guess :)

Damn...my msg didn't seem to go through after all. Well,just like Nord just said,they'll have a dvd coming up with some behind the scenes shit and a video for Teargas,and hopefully one for Evidence. Nyström said so in a recent interview.

I voted yes!
:( but there is always a possibility that fans may not like the video. :(

Katatonia is an ambiguous band, whose listeners have their own interpretations/imaginations/... regarding emotional content of the songs. These images are often personal and close to the listener. ;) If the video visualisation won't meet those images, people may not like it. It's like reading a book and watching film based on it...
Anyway, only the author is truly right. He wrote the song, didn't he?

I trust the band... :)
Btw, we have so few metal videos in the TV...

I agree to Yv's point, but think there's no need for a katatonia music video. A video played on TV could never transfer what they are transfering with their music, and maybe destroy many emotional visions of their songs that some of us may have.

ColdDarkNord said:
I'd like to have a live video.

i have a live bootleg 23 MB mpeg of teargas
the quality is quite mediocre tho

if anyone is dying to get it, email me

Sure, why not a video? I'm not going to cry if they don't make one but it might give them some more exposure. I have seen videos from bands like Porcupine Tree and soilwork on MTV2 here in the states, which probably gains some fans. And I hear that Headbangers Ball is returning soon (to MTV2) It would be a good oppurtunity, i'm not worried about them getting popular and starting to suck, katatonia is so much more than that.

Portisfreak said:
A video played on TV could never transfer what they are transfering with their music, and maybe destroy many emotional visions of their songs that some of us may have.

Hmmm... So you are emotional personality too... should be glorified ;) :)

I'm afraid of my emotions too... It would be like watching my private life in TV...

I tell more: commercial aspect in metal music was always dodgy. Some bands lost the battle with commercialized music market and become its puppets [why I recall Metallica?]... Let's hope Katatonia members have not as big success hunger as those mentioned... :( But I took that possibility into account, it’s their choice. Anyone can’t stop it.

Anyway, haven't you all who opposed thought the video might be as brilliant as their music??? Hmmm… some people are no ‘visualists’, it happens... :)