Does Anyone Else Like This Band?!?!?!

This is the kind of attitude that gives Christians a bad name.

you can give us whatever name you want dude, im not the one sitting here flaming people for what they beleive in. i respect whatever you guys beleive so i would appreciate if you guys respected me

We're not flaming anyone for that they believe in, but it's worth pointing out that you're the guy who's so insecure about your faith that you have to take a defense stance in the line below your username with only a few posts.

And again, it's not 'us' giving 'you guys' a name - it's you making it for the rest of your fellow Christians.

only posts???? dude if you were right in front of me i would say whatever i say on here. the only reason i put that below my name is because im not ashamed of what i beleive in ans im not afraid to show who i am. i have allot of respect for guys like you on this forum but i just really dont appreciatte all the post that were made, it music dude, like the lyrics or not i think its amazing music. if you want to call it generic deathcore then do it, whatever its changed my life bacause of the meaning

I mentioned the thing under your name (meant to say "only a few posts) because you obviously feel you have to defend yourself about it - which is why I said you were insecure about your faith.

Has anybody ever seen Sleeping Giant live... they preach soooo much its really unenjoyable.. although a bit entertaining when the vocalist gets in fights with kids in the crowd.. haha

JB Brubaker (august burns red guitar player) mentioned in an interview with Shout!, an online magazine, that "Christianity is a religion, not a style of music" and he would "rather just let the music speak for itself."

Nice guys, I see them about once a year at a fest I work at. The songs have definitely improved. I think they have talent, just need to learn how to write "songs" instead of "here are a few of my favorite riffs and breakdowns".

Also, the people here who hate on Christians are about as cool as crabcore... its been done before and in most cases, better, though now its old, stale and cliche.

Seems like all the cool kids are currently hating on the Jews, however, if you really have some balls and angst, hate on some Muslims. That jihad thing is crazy.

DayByDayBand said:
i feel sorry for you.

There you go, now that's a good Christian. I'm sure you "respect" everybody else but feel great pity at how the other losers are praying to another god and won't get what they're promised, or those people living without caring about god who will go to hell even though they're good people.

I hope god rapes you in the ass. I love Blasphemies, they're so fucking relaxing

Also, the people here who hate on Christians are about as cool as crabcore... its been done before and in most cases, better, though now its old, stale and cliche.

Seems like all the cool kids are currently hating on the Jews, however, if you really have some balls and angst, hate on some Muslims. That jihad thing is crazy.

People don't "hate on" christians because it's cool, they do it because they have serious issues with their beliefs. And it's not just christians that are the target of the hate (I hesitate to call it that, because it isn't always hatred) it's just that metal is predominantly made up of white, middle-class (kind of) men, so the majority of metalheads contact with religion is with christianity.
I personally feel that the abrahamic religions are the focus of most atheists "hate" rather than any specific one of them, this goes for all theistic religions. However, as stated before, we as a section of society do not come into contact with them as much, so do not pay as much attention to them.

Has anybody ever seen Sleeping Giant live... they preach soooo much its really unenjoyable.. although a bit entertaining when the vocalist gets in fights with kids in the crowd.. haha

JB Brubaker (august burns red guitar player) mentioned in an interview with Shout!, an online magazine, that "Christianity is a religion, not a style of music" and he would "rather just let the music speak for itself."

HAhaha... man I remember waaay waay back in the early 80's I went to a Chicago fest and this bands vocalist had a damn bible in his hands saying we were all going to hell and shit. People pelted him with shoes ..rocks whatever. He kept going for about 3minutes. Hell, the band played maybe 2-3 songs. Then they left and the headliner came out........
They were on their 'Number Of The Beast' tour! HELLS YEAHS
IRON MAIDEN

There, there. I made you guys this picture. Now stop fighting.

jesuswasascenekid.jpg

Let the flaming begin, but I'm a Christian. However, I don't go forcing my beliefs down other people's throats, nor have I ever. I find it majorly disrespectful when people do that.
TRUE Christianity isn't a religion, but more of a spirituality. You don't go to church and sing for 30 minutes and then listen to a preacher for the next hour or so and then go home and go on with the rest of your life when you leave. But unfortunately, that's what most people who claim to be "Christian" make it out to be.
We, as Christians (which honestly I hate the term now because it is so mis-used) are not called to judge other people, believe it or not. But we are called to make disciples of all nations and make the Word known to all people. With that being said, the Bible clearly tells us everyone has his own free will and will either choose to accept the message or will choose to defy it, and we can't do anything beyond that. I am very active in my faith, and take it very seriously, as anyone would/should.
I respect and love every single person, no matter their beliefs. And yes, my band of course is a Christian band too. Yes, we do make our message known at shows, because that is why we play music in the first place. But we aren't up there preaching our butts off the whole time. Otherwise we would all be pastors haha. We want our music to speak for itself, and we would rather a kid come and talk to use after our set about our faith.
I don't claim to be perfect or above anyone else at all. We are all human, and should all be treated equally, no matter your beliefs
Most so-called "Christians" out there aren't truly "Christians" in the real meaning of the word, which is why I'd rather call myself a Follower of Christ.
Not trying to hi-jack this thread, but I just wanted to get that out there.

Hey guys, I'm John, and I know no one here really gives a crap about my person opinion.

Though I, as an Atheist, was humbled by the words of Brook Reeves of the deathcore band, Impending Doom, at one of their shows, when he said something along the lines of "I don't care if you hate me or my music. I love you like my brothers and sisters and our Lord loves you, even if you don't believe in Him or hate Him."
I took offense to the sketchy looking kids in the crowd yelling "Hail Satan!" and "Your God is fake!"

I think it's all a matter of negative versus positive emotions.
A lot of idiots hear preaching and get offended because they feel like the preaching party is being oppressive, when it's only their intention to enlighten you. If you are someone who does not liked to be preached to, then learn to see the preaching in a different light.
Any preaching I've heard from bands has always been something positive. Though I don't believe in what they do, I appreciate the love they spread, or try to spread.

If I saw a band that said "all those who don't believe will burn in the fiery depths of hell." though, I'd be offended, because that is negative the amount of dB that silence measures up to.

tl;dr Opening your mind to the point that you don't take offense to kind gestures of someone who has opposing beliefs is a cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything. If what they're saying is negative, ignore it.

Hey guys, I'm John, and I know no one here really gives a crap about my person opinion.

Though I, as an Atheist, was humbled by the words of Brook Reeves of the deathcore band, Impending Doom, at one of their shows, when he said something along the lines of "I don't care if you hate me or my music. I love you like my brothers and sisters and our Lord loves you, even if you don't believe in Him or hate Him."
I took offense to the sketchy looking kids in the crowd yelling "Hail Satan!" and "Your God is fake!"

I think it's all a matter of negative versus positive emotions.
A lot of idiots hear preaching and get offended because they feel like the preaching party is being oppressive, when it's only their intention to enlighten you. If you are someone who does not liked to be preached to, then learn to see the preaching in a different light.
Any preaching I've heard from bands has always been something positive. Though I don't believe in what they do, I appreciate the love they spread, or try to spread.

If I saw a band that said "all those who don't believe will burn in the fiery depths of hell." though, I'd be offended, because that is negative the amount of dB that silence measures up to.

tl;dr Opening your mind to the point that you don't take offense to kind gestures of someone who has opposing beliefs is a cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything. If what they're saying is negative, ignore it.

You, sir, are absolutely correct.
No one is trying to oppress anyone.
And quite honestly, I can see how ALOT of people get turned off by "Christianity."
I MYSELF will even admit that 90% of it is just a bunch of hypocrites. Yes it is true. However, I aspire to be a person who helps to change that. I don't force my beliefs down on anyone, but I seek to live a life that Christ would be proud of, but we are all human and no one is perfect.

And I actually saw Impending Doom on Saturday. (Feb 25th)
And he said that too (aswell as every other show Ive seen them play), and that is definitely a man with a heart of gold.

And as far as the UnderOATH comments- When I saw them with ADTR, The only thing Spencer really said was- "We stand up here in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We aren't trying to sell something to your or make you believe anything, but let me tell you this- It sure is nice to have a Savior that you still loves you even though you have majorly screwed up your entire life."

I realize alot of people on here are form different countries- But America was founded on religious freedom, so let's keep it that way. I love and respect the Hindu down the street just as much as my Christian brother.

As a non-believer, I thought the video was pretty good. Music wasn't bad, but nothing to call home about.

Thanx for posting it, though... never heard of em until now!