DRAGONFORCE in ATLANTA

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
I just received a message from The Masquerade in Atlanta

August the 11th DRAGONFORCE with special quest LACUNA COIL and BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME.

Shapes up to be a prety decent show and tickets are only $18.00.

I just posted in the other thread about DF off ozzfest shows. They just added 2 Florida shows - Orlando & St. Pete - and one in Houston, Texas.

What's your source for these new dates? I don't see how they can conceivably hit houston for a headliner and make it to wisconsin for ozzfest the next day.

Dragonforce and Lacuna Coil on the offdates?!! These are the 2 main bands I am going to see at Ozzfest this year. I surely hope we get one of these offdates (we surely didn't for the pants shitting In Flames/Arch Enemy/Soilwork/Haunted offdates :()

Sweet. Lacuna Coil is a perfect opening group. Definitely going to this. I'll admit I've never listened to Between the Buried And Me, until this announcement. So far.. I'm not sure what to think. A bit of technical death... and such. Which I like. Just not sure about them. Will probably watch them anyhow. Who knows. ' But that's an awesome co-headline... and defintely surprised me. As Glenn indicated. =0

Tickets go on sale tomorrow (Saturday).

Cheiron said:
Sweet. Lacuna Coil is a perfect opening group. Definitely going to this. I'll admit I've never listened to Between the Buried And Me.

This is actually being billed as a "co-headline" tour with LC. Hell, LC sold over 100,000 copies of "Comalies" alone in the U.S. I'm not sure if the spots will rotate or not yet.

As for BtBaM, they are over the top insane in terms of musical ability. They really go from complex mathcore to melodic prog to brutal death. They have one *AWESOME* song that you should check on their My Space page (Selkies). However, that song is misleading. I ran out and bought the disc after hearing that tune on Sirius. I was blown away. Come to find out that other than two instrumentals, the vocals suck ass. I mean I had the lyrics in front of me and I *still* couldn't understand that fucker.

Nod. Didn't notice till after I posted that they were co-headline. That's even better for me. I'd rather see a full set from them, and they definitely deserve it based on sales.

Oh. And I had no idea this type of music was played on Sirius. Is there a bit of the type of metal we like? (I say we... since I know we listen to a lot of the same stuff).

Rider of Theli said:
Thanks for the head's up John. And on a Friday night!? we're so there! :kickass:
Your welcome my friend, i want a full report on the show with pictures if possible.

John

Awesome, just checked the House of Blues Orlando site and yep Aug. 14th Dragonforce & BtBaM. They don't list Lacuna Coil as playing with them but I hope they do.

Also, I'm glad I checked the site because I also found that Blind Guardian and Leaves Eyes are coming in December! Wow, gotta see that one.

ragingsaxmachine said:
What's your source for these new dates? I don't see how they can conceivably hit houston for a headliner and make it to wisconsin for ozzfest the next day.
Um, the Houston date, as well as the 2 FL headline shows, are after Ozzfest is done. The WI Ozzfest show is in July...these shows are in August. The info is on the Dragonforce site under tour dates.

Megametal said:
Awesome, just checked the House of Blues Orlando site and yep Aug. 14th Dragonforce & BtBaM. They don't list Lacuna Coil as playing with them but I hope they do.

Also, I'm glad I checked the site because I also found that Blind Guardian and Leaves Eyes are coming in December! Wow, gotta see that one.
So far only the Atl. show has them with LC, I think. The FL. shows say 'special guest' + BTBAM.

Lacuna Coil isn't listed as being at the FL shows yet. Only a special guest. It's anyones guess as to who will be at the Florida shows.

Bought my tickets for that Atlanta show =)

& Jibrille, I saw them listed on Ticketmaster as co-headliner for the Florida show.