Dragonforce, the new Helloween????

I think someone posted something somewhere that they would be great live BUT could they reproduce the disc live? If so, Dragonforce will be UNBELIEVABLE!
There are tons of live reviews in the Euro metal mags and on the Dragonforce website. I'd say, based upon those reviews, that they definitely CAN pull it off live.

I think Edguy is the best band to "replace" Helloween. I've been listening to "Mandrake" quite a bit lately, and IMO, they sound like a very classy Helloween. And the more I listen, the more I hear Bruce Dickinson in Tobias Sammet.

I agree Dragonforce is a good band. I think people's expectations of a power metal band don't always include speed metal, and that's where some are left behind. I've always liked speed metal from the beginning, and that mixed with power metal, especially in this case, is to me very impressive. Yes the songs are occasionally repetitive, and yes the singer is somewhat limited, but overall I enjoy what they're doing. To me, the guitars are what does it. And judging by some live video on their site, they seem to enjoy themselves playing live, and can pull it off easily.