AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
From Mike Portnoy's forum, posted by Portnoy
-----------------------------------------------

Yes, the rumors are true!!

The tour package that progressive metal fans
have dreamed about for over 10 years has
finally come together for a US tour in July/August!

Dream Theater and Queensryche will be joining
forces for a co-headlining tour, each playing
equal set lengths, and will be joined by very
special guests Fates Warning.

Tour dates will be confirmed and announced in
the coming days and weeks so stay tuned!!

I started crying when I saw this... It's gonna be awesome!!

Better save up some xtra xtra xtra money!!!

:headbang:

AngraRULES said:
From Mike Portnoy's forum, posted by Portnoy
-----------------------------------------------

Yes, the rumors are true!!

The tour package that progressive metal fans
have dreamed about for over 10 years has
finally come together for a US tour in July/August!

Dream Theater and Queensryche will be joining
forces for a co-headlining tour, each playing
equal set lengths, and will be joined by very
special guests Fates Warning.

Tour dates will be confirmed and announced in
the coming days and weeks so stay tuned!!

I started crying when I saw this... It's gonna be awesome!!

Better save up some xtra xtra xtra money!!!

:headbang:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!

However, Queensryche should be opening at this point in their career, especially considering the reports that Michael Wilton is not very happy with their upcoming release.. Geoff Tate just isn't that strong of a vocalist anymore, they really need to get Degarmo back.

#1 Fates' fan

Papa J.

Dream Theater - whatever.
Queensryche - is it 1990? No? Then fuggedaboutit.
Fates Warning - still never heard a single song from these guys...

I can definitely see prog fans going nuts over this though - that's three of the best in their world.

Dude, this is a tour that will mark history forever.. lol...

and yes, I'm a progmetal fan... Tears really rolled down on my face when I saw it...

I heard rumours about Degarmo rejoining...that's all. Never really followed them up either.

I've heard Wilton slate the new album already. That does not bode well.

I've read Geoff Tate saying that he never wanted to be a part of the metal scene in the first place. He probably only says that because every now and then MTV play Eyes of a Stranger and he cringes at the hair-do. Spiky hair and mullet....

Having said all of that, out of the three, Queensryche would get my vote. Anything from Mindcrime cannot be touched (and yes, that includes the WAY overhyped Images and Words).

JayKeeley said:
Fates Warning - still never heard a single song from these guys...

QUOTE]

I'm getting on a plane, coming to New York and pimp slapping your ass! :devil:

And I've never been on a plane....

Seriously though... I told you about Fates months ago.... what in the hell are you waiting for?

Awaken The Guardian (last to feature vocalist Jon Arch) and No Exit (first to feature Ray Alder)

Go get them!!

I've told you before, if you had a tape deck, I'd make you a 2 volume compilation of Fates Warning.

Papa Josh said:
I'm getting on a plane, coming to New York and pimp slapping your ass!
firedevil.gif
Yeah man, bring the wife and kid! Chloe and Carly get to be the "Royal Carnettes". (I quote Haddsie). /forum/images/smilies/supergrin.gif
And I've never been on a plane....
It's exciting the first time. I think. I was 3 years old my first time.
Seriously though... I told you about Fates months ago.... what in the hell are you waiting for?
!
bawl1.gif
I didn't think you were serious! 'Gugs keeps telling me they're shite. So I feel torn....:loco:
Awaken The Guardian (last to feature vocalist Jon Arch) and No Exit (first to feature Ray Alder)
sleepy.gif
*blank expression*
Go get them!!
They're old - I'll probably find them on eBay right?
I've told you before, if you had a tape deck, I'd make you a 2 volume compilation of Fates Warning.
I do have a tape deck, but other than the fact that it's hidden under dust, I think I might have forgotten how to use it. It's a bit like VHS isn't it? Hang on, something's coming through on the AM wireless radio....

JayKeeley said:
Yeah man, bring the wife and kid! Chloe and Carly get to be the "Royal Carnettes". (I quote Haddsie). /forum/images/smilies/supergrin.gif

It's exciting the first time. I think. I was 3 years old my first time.

!
bawl1.gif
I didn't think you were serious! 'Gugs keeps telling me they're shite. So I feel torn....:loco:

sleepy.gif
*blank expression*

They're old - I'll probably find them on eBay right?

I do have a tape deck, but other than the fact that it's hidden under dust, I think I might have forgotten how to use it. It's a bit like VHS isn't it? Hang on, something's coming through on the AM wireless radio....

'Gugs is nutz.... this weekend one of my objectives is to compile a nice overview of Fates from beginning to current.. I think you'll like Jim Matheos' guitarwork. I'll get you some background info as well... Everyone needs to have some Fates Warning.. it'll just be interesting to see which era you'll like more...

I never said Fates Warning was shit!

Their first 3-4 albums are LEGENDARY, and well worth it. I have zero opinion on anything past 1990.

Chris DeGarmo co-wrote the new QR album w/ Tate; it's allegedly a return to their classic sound (we'll see....). DeGarmo also fully returned to the band, at least for their current European tour. I can't understand if he wouldn't do this massive tour as well, but again, we'll see...

Since QR & DT are billing themselves as co-headliners, I'm hoping they run this tour like Deep Purple & The Scorpions did last summer, alternating who closes the show each night. That way, each band will get their 90 minutes worth of music, and hopefully Dream Theater will headline the NYC gig so I can go home after QR is done. :D

Is this show scheduled for July? One date is up for July 25th in San Diego, but I'm wondering if this is a start date or end date...? Keep us posted if anyone hears of anything. Cheers.

While Queensryche may have once held the title of "My Favorite Band", this concert now has to be filed under the category, "Wake me when it's Over".

When I saw QR on their "Q2Crap" tour, they couldn't have been worse. We left before the encore. Granted, if DeGarmo tours with them, they'll be better. When I saw DT on their most recent tour, we left after four songs. So, given that Geoff's voice is shot and LaBrie's voice is only slight less grating than a rotweiller raping a kitten, I'll pass.

GZ

I saw Queensryche on the Empire tour in '90. They were one of the best live bands ever. That's where you'll see all the Livecrime CD and DVD shit today.

Seeing them supporting Maiden on the Brave New Tour was pretty lame in comparison. They were out of place too if you ask me.

And since my fave of the three (to date) is Queensryche, I'll not comment on DT or FW. Although I am keen to hear FW based on what PJ tells me.

P.S. The new Queensryche album is being produced by a nu-metal producer (he did Linkin Park and a few others). I'm sure they're trying for a new sound.