Drudkh - Handful Of Stars

Only listened to one song like two weeks ago and it doesn't sound like Drudkh really. It sounded like a Neurosis copycat with different vocals. Didn't like it, but will probably check the whole thing when it comes out.

the band blew its brains out on Songs of Grief but redeemed themselves with the next two so id have to check this one out

Yeah going to go ahead and agree with Andy here. Sounds god awful. Fucking post-rock sounding shit in black metal makes me want to puke.

yea I agree with Brad. Sounds like its experimentation for the sake of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just that lately the band has been sounding fucking bored and uninspired playing their own music...there's no energy, it all sounds phoned in. Lame.

I like post rock so I'll have to give it a listen... post rock tends to not blend well with black metal... and bands tend to play one for a while then the other, from what I've heard.

First two minutes (maybe the whole thing, cant finish it) sound like black metal played in a very wrong guitar tone. wtf :lol:

^^basically

the vocals sound great. otherwise, I can't say much about it. I haven't been impressed with anything they've released since Blood in Our Wells

I hate to say it, but... Drudkh have made an indie rock record. I can't believe it. Everything Slavic-feeling about the music is gone. The only metal thing on the whole album is the vocals.

What happened to them?

stereotypical indie guy.jpg

The new Drudkh??

When I listened to that song, I knew exactly what to expect; the guitar tone, the chord progressions, the vocal style, everything. It's very formulaic.

That said, I can listen to it. :cool: