Dumb Threads

If there is one person that I've grown to totally despise through only posts on a message board it is Profånity. He must honestly be retarded or something.

Yeah, the intelligence here has gone down severely with time. I’m sure it has something to do with the influx of new members. Most of the forums I used to enjoy have just been overrun with morons, imbeciles, and overt spammers. I certainly hope places like this will remain intelligent and (relatively) spam free. As far as the other forums, I wish I would have been here from the beginning because apparently most of the discussion here (UM) was relevant and not just mindless posting for the sake of rep.

Profånity said:
I haven't come across any Thrash bands and Thrash is a key part of Metal. I don't see how anyone can take the Finnish Metal scene seriously when it doesn't have a Thrash scene.
....okay, that made no sense.
Yecch, I hate even going in that GMD anymore, but those damn Friday afternoon boredom sessions when everyone around here is already drinking beer (or passed out) I go in there. I generally ignore any thread with over 10 posts though, the ignored ones are the only interesting ones. Everything else is a genre argument, which is teh suck.

You want a sucky board go to the Anthrax forum. Tell 'em about the last 15 years of that band's career. Watch the fanboys piss and moan :p

I miss the good ol' days. I miss when it had liek 10 forums. Those were good. Erik, waht's your opinion on how UM as grown, since you and me (on this board) have been here the longest. I think its getting to crowded. To many forums, to many dumb people. I miss the shoutbox :( AND THE HATE PIT!

Well I guess it's all about what you’re looking for. Some come to have senseless confusing yammer, others come to have intelligent chat and others yet only want to talk about their fav band and nothing else.

I come here or AA for intelligent chat. I know I can ask questions here that I may be ignorant about, for example the The Confederate Flag Racist; and know that the replies will have intelligence to them. I could only imagine what would of happened if it was posted elsewhere.

There are other forums where immaturity seem to prevail, but if you look closely at them there are quite a few ppl that are smart, that it is mainly the minority that has corrupted the general population.

The only threads that really really annoy me are the "(insert name) is an asshole ~ Vote". Grow up threads
Others are "No Fucking Way" then all it has is :Smug:as a post

Glad that it's not just me noticing the decline.

@Harmony Dies, you remember the Hate Pit? When UM had the Hate Pit, all those moronic discussions (albeit sometimes funny and vile) would just be contained within the Pit for the most part. Now, since it's closure, all the sewage has overflowed because people just post now to incite arguments and angered reactions.

[rant]

Look at the Arch Enemy forum. Regardless of whether you lot like the band or not, it seems to maintain these hovering cunts waiting to swoop down and disagree with anything positive said about the band. You go in to talk about a song, and 10 people jump in and tell you that you're wrong wrong wrong! Fuck - I mean, it's the AE forum allowing fans to congregate, is it not?

Like I said the other day, the worst part about metal is the fans. Fucking elitists, flamers, opinionated morons that think they know it all, and wankstains that listen to music to add to their 'credibility' only - regardless of whether they actually enjoy what they're hearing.

[/rant]

Weapon X said:

I know I can ask questions here that I may be ignorant about, for example the The Confederate Flag Racist; and know that the replies will have intelligence to them.
Uh, huh...hehehhhehehe, er.... I think I admitted to wanting a nazi slave in that thread, heh. I also posted a picture of 'Isla, She Wolf of the SS' before discussing the mullet hair trends of the south.

*squirms*

I think everyone was burnt out by the most recent religious thread to get too involved with the Confederate flag. Then again, my opinion on the matter is short and straightforward.

The threads I never understood were those "which song is better?" and then the winning song is hailed for all time by members that voted for it, like it is some indication of its quality. "Of course _____ is good! It won the Song Survivor!" Stupid.

It has surely gotten worse,
Before it would mostly stay in the Opeth, Children of Bodom and In Flames forums.

I miss the shoutbox too. :( And the IRC chat!

But isn't that just guilty pleasure, like really wouldn't we all want a nazi slave just once in a while. Especially a midget nazi slave; I mind you they are in hot demand :loco:

HarmonyDies.... said:
I miss the shoutbox :( AND THE HATE PIT!
I remember the Hate Pit :D there's a new one started off UM but it's v quiet and I haven't had the URL for a long long time...

Honestly, I used to come to UM quite a bit. But never post. I don't like to post when I don't know what I'm talking about. So I would just read the forums, and enjoy the discussion. Much like I do with this forum, and AA. However, recently the outside forums, such as GMD have become very fruitless to read. Eh... that being said, I am glad that there are some places where intelligent discussion is indeed possible.

I thought that the Hate Pit was extremely entertaining. Just to listen to the amount of biggots out there was just one big laugh to read.

I find the other forums just too boring for me. How the hell do can I respond to which track is better than what, when all they want is for a drone to say yes to everything that they say.

I am more at home at RC. Good topics, interesting people - it's a like a coffee break from civilisation.

Yea i actually waited a couple months before registering at UM. The first board i visited was the Opeth forum. 99.9% of the people in there are moronic fanboys. Eventually i came back and found some halfway decent forums. Most of which have degenerated since then.