Edguy on NY/NJ Radio

Nov 12, 2002
www.metalasylum.net
Yes thats right people, Edguy King of Fools and Ambassador by Evergrey were played back to back on Metal Mania which is 105.5 WDHA in NJ.
How cool is that.
I think we should start sending the station requests for more by Edguy and Evergrey, as well as other Prog/Power type bands.
Obviously someone in radio is waking up so lets keeps this going.
I want Edguy to do more than just one date for Progpower.
Click on the link to make requests:http://www.wdhafm.com/index3.htm

OMG I was just listening too. It was awesome to hear Evergrey but I totally was not expecting EDGUY! I almost pissed myself when I heard the opening to "King Of Fools". This guy is pretty good, he has played Hammerfall several times as well as Primal Fear. He also played Thunderstone two weeks ago and Stratovarius back in January. I am definetly gonna get some contact info and request more of this stuff. Its about time this type of music is getting exposed.

11pm Friday Nights. He does play some nu metal crap but I don't mind because he backs it up with stuff like this and also plays bands like Iron Maiden, Dio, King Diamond, Dokken, Slayer and many more. Its a one hour show but its great. Also on Saturday nights, same station you can check at the Tour Bus from 8 to midnight. They play alot of glam/hair metal but mix it up quite a bit with stuff like Ozzy, Slayer, Iced Earth, Maiden, Priest and occassionaly throw in a tune by a band like Blind Guardian or Stratovarius. In the past they have played Lost Horizon, Dream Evil, Seven Witches, Evergrey, Primal Fear, Edguy, Avantasia, Hammerfall, Hellowee, and more.

Wow, cool! Is this a college station or commercial radio? (When I saw "NY/NJ" on the topic, I thought fer sure this was gonna be referring to Seton Hall's WSOU.)

We've been playing some of this year's Progpower bands on WREKage (http://www.wrekage.org), our metal show here on WREK-FM 91.1, and announcing the festival. Playlists, search-by-band and such are posted on the site, you can listen to all four hours live in streaming mp3, and you can listen to the previous show for a week afterward via the archive. Everything from old-school thrash to prog to death/black to grindcore. :headbang:

I'm thinking we'll be able to announce that ProgPower has sold out by this coming Friday's show. Local Atlanta media won't know, or won't care, but WE all know how cool ProgPower is. :worship:

GUYS...YOU GOTTA CHECK OUT MY METAL SHOW. 10-6 AM (CST) EVERY FRIDAY NITE ON wvua UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA www.newrock907.com You think hearing Edguy and Evergrey in the same set is impressive. how about 8 hours of it? follow the above link, and do what it says...see you in the pit.

davethemetalguy