End of an Era songlist

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Finland's NIGHTWISH have announced the final tracklisting for their forthcoming much-anticipated live CD/DVD package, entitled "End of an Era". Due out June 2, "End of an Era" will contain footage of NIGHTWISH's final concert with singer Tarja Turunen, which took place on October 21 at the Hartwall arena in Helsinki, Finland.

NIGHTWISH fired Turunen via an "open letter," which was given to the singer immediately following the Helsinki show. The group are currently seeking a replacement vocalist before entering the studio in September 2006 to begin recording the follow-up to 2004's "Once", tentatively due in mid-2007.

"End of an Era" track listing:

01. Dark Chest Of Wonders
02. Planet Hell
03. Ever Dream
04. Kinslayer
05. Phantom Of The Opera
06. The Siren
07. Sleeping Sun
08. High Hopes
09. Bless The Child
10. Wishmaster
11. Slaying The Dreamer
12. Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan
13. Nemo
14. Ghost Love Score
15. Stone People
16. Creek Mary's Blood
17. Over The Hills and Far Away
18. Wish I Had an Angel

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Hell, yeah! :headbang: This DVD is going to be a serious canditate for the best of the year... err... wait, lets make it the best of the decade because the gig was a bliss for sure. :worship:

... ehm, how do I know? Well, I know because I WAS THERE! :headbang: :kickass:

This looks like a nice package and all, but I'll pass. I'll most likely continue to get their studio albums, but this live DVD just doesn't hold any interest for me.

St Enigma said:
Hell, yeah! :headbang: This DVD is going to be a serious canditate for the best of the year... err... wait, lets make it the best of the decade because the gig was a bliss for sure. :worship:

... ehm, how do I know? Well, I know because I WAS THERE! :headbang: :kickass:
Me too. :kickass: Can't WAIT for this DVD! (Well, guess I'm going to have to, but I'll definitely get on the pre-order list and if any Finns have trouble getting it, due to someone's legal bullshit, I'll be more than happy to help!:saint: )

A bad song choice to end a show with. I'm glad Ghost Love Score made it on there, since I got screwed out of it at the Chicago show. I would have liked to see Beauty of the Beast as well. But all in all, a purchase worth making for sure.

rockyracoon said:
A bad song choice to end a show with. I'm glad Ghost Love Score made it on there, since I got screwed out of it at the Chicago show. I would have liked to see Beauty of the Beast as well. But all in all, a purchase worth making for sure.
Didn't think about it during the show, but yea, I think Sleeping Sun would have been the best closer. Hell, I was teary eyed through it in an early slot, ending would have been even more emotional.:cry::p

Well, for that concert specifically - Sleeping Sun probably would've been the best closer for its hidden meaning and being the last Nightwish song she'll sing with them.

However, if was just a regular show, Sleeping Sun would be a bad clsoer.

Nightmare1z said:
Well, for that concert specifically - Sleeping Sun probably would've been the best closer for its hidden meaning and being the last Nightwish song she'll sing with them.

However, if was just a regular show, Sleeping Sun would be a bad clsoer.

They should have did a cover version of Fade to Black as a closer. Too late now though.....