Evergrey have inked a record deal...

"Torn", featuring eleven compositions, described by Englund as a "modern mix of 'In Search Of Truth' and 'Recreation Day'."
Haha. They must have realised how badly their last one sucked, so they issue the typical "back to our roots/ most popular album" statement. Fucking pathetic.

Perhaps it would be pathetic if the trailers didn't sound consistent with their comments. But they do. Maybe you should take a listen first.
Face it - they tried to sell out with MMA. They failed. Now they've gone back to their old days for fear that they're gonna lose their older fans too.

This is pathetic.

Dammit you beat me to it Rocky! ;)

The old tired back to our roots kind of thing does get a little tedious, and doesn't hold out to be true in a lot of cases, but yeah, I hope you've actually LISTENED before forming an opinion. I'm not a die hard EG fan, but I do like them, and I'm in the minority who thinks that that the excessive bashing MMA took was unwarranted. Was it their strongest release? Not in my opinion, but I don't think it was "bad" enough for the slagging it got...

Face it - they tried to sell out with MMA. They failed. Now they've gone back to their old days for fear that they're gonna lose their older fans too.

This is pathetic.

MMA is my least favorite EG album, but frankly I'm not really concerned with what has motivated them to return to something more similar to their older stuff. Evergrey has great catalog and it's understandably tough to constantly be one-upping yourself, or even just staying on par. I don't understand why trying something new or different(or as you call it, selling out) means you can't justify going back to your original sounds.

I distinctly remember how Tom said they were willing to keep working with that pop producer cause it was so damn easy that way. But now he says and does the opposite. I personally think the mindset of the band who wrote and released In Search of Truth is simply not there anymore, so even if they attemp to recreate the past they'll never fully achieve it. Why? Primarily because of the new drummer -- his terribly predictable and straightforward drumming will never match that of Patrick Carlsson.

Just my opinion -- but I haven't heard Evergrey be dark since Solitude Dominance Tragedy. If this album is as dark as Glenn indicates it is, I'll be one perky booB.

I Like MMA alot. I don't think there is 1 bad song. Many are catchy as shit. Oh well, I seem to always be in the minority when it comes to musical tastes

No, you're not alone. I freakin' love MMA! It's actually what got me into the band. I have no clue where a few people get that it's a bad release? Basically, I don't give a shit! MMA is a great release, period.

~Brian~