Ex-Evergrey member joining Sabaton full-time

I had heard that Hannes was recommended to Tom/Evergrey by Snowy after Jonas left, and so it's not that surprising that Snowy may have recommended him as his replacement in Sabaton.

I'm both excited and saddened at this news... Excited to see what Sabaton will be like with Hannes, but sad that Evergrey is going through another lineup change. Marcus has also apparently left the band: http://www.marcusjidell.com/

WoW...didn't know Marcus was leaving as well... I am actually happy about this because I did not think Marcus fit well with the band. I have confidence that Tom will find a suitable replacement and continue to put out quality music.

I say that with all due respect as you all know I am one of the biggest EG fan on these forums... or anywhere else for that matter....

sad that Evergrey is going through another lineup change. Marcus has also apparently left the band: http://www.marcusjidell.com/

Damn, I hate to hear this; I really like his playing, and I thought they were great at ProgPower. I'm glad you saw this though: I actually went to his site (and the Evergrey site) maybe a month ago to make sure everything was still cool, figured "no news is good news", so I probably would have waited six months to go back to his site or the Evergrey site to check again :lol:

I had heard that Hannes was recommended to Tom/Evergrey by Snowy after Jonas left, and so it's not that surprising that Snowy may have recommended him as his replacement in Sabaton.

I'm both excited and saddened at this news... Excited to see what Sabaton will be like with Hannes, but sad that Evergrey is going through another lineup change. Marcus has also apparently left the band: http://www.marcusjidell.com/

DAMN!! I didn't know that Marcus had left. :-( I think he did an AMAZING job when they played the last time. He was relaly nailing those parts. What amazed me the most was the fact he had just been there two years before with Royal Hunt. He had to master a lot of complex material in a short time for Evergrey! He is also one hell of a nice guy!

And yes, Snowy did kick ass with Sabaton this year! I will be taking my sons to their tour in the spring (Empire in VA).

Robban's oficial statement...about him and Sabaton

" I keep getting tons of emails from all over the world regarding this matter so I feel It's time to speak up... NO, I am not the drummer of the band any more, and NO, I wasn't kicked out. I made the decision to LEAVE the band for many reasons, but it was NOT because I was tired of touring and it was CERTAINLY NOT because I'm planning to stop playing drums.
I love to tour and I love playing drums, and thats why 2014 will see me do it more than ever before!
As a working musician for years I've learned to always stick to working with the bands and people that holds the highest professional standard, both on and off stage, and that is what I'm gonna keep on doing. Period.

... Stay tuned for upcoming tour dates, 2014 will be incredible and I cant wait to see all of my hard rocking brothers and sisters all over the world!

HORNS HIGH!!! "

/Robban

Source

~Jen