Ex-Warrant Singer Jani Lane DEAD AT 47

Just saw this on Blabbermouth. It's unreal. Wish he could have straightened himself out, so much talent wasted. One of the great voices of my high school years. Still stand firm that "Dog Eat Dog" was not only the best album they made, but one of the best of the 90's. Came way ahead of it's time. He will be missed. RIP indeed.

Just saw this on Blabbermouth. It's unreal. Wish he could have straightened himself out, so much talent wasted. One of the great voices of my high school years. Still stand firm that "Dog Eat Dog" was not only the best album they made, but one of the best of the 90's. Came way ahead of it's time. He will be missed. RIP indeed.

I totally agree with you that Dog Eat Dog is their best album. Unfortunately it came at a time when grunge was pretty much killing any bands that were associated with "hair metal".

Still stand firm that "Dog Eat Dog" was not only the best album they made, but one of the best of the 90's. Came way ahead of it's time.

Totally agree with this..... That still stands as one of my favorite "summertime" albums to blast with the windows open. I have a trip to L.A. next week, and I guarantee this disc will make the trip, and will be cranked up on the PCH for Jani.....

I was randomly reminded of him a few days ago when I saw a girl at work that could have been his daughter - a lot of the same facial features.

Dog Eat Dog was definitely a great disc, I've always had a few tracks from there on my mp3 player.

I've always enjoyed hearing the stories of how "Cherry Pie" was written in 15 minutes, and the Record Execs forced the name change of the album... Warrant was a great example of the excesses of the industry, and may explain WHY grunge took off like it did.

47... damn. Had no idea he and I were so close in age.

This sucks, always been a huge Warrant fan, but honestly, who didn't see this coming? I'm surprised Jani lasted this long. He looked like death 10 years ago. By no means am I saying his death is a good thing. I'm just saying I'm surprised he lasted this long. As for the cause, I'd say booze & drugs, as thats really all he has cared about for the later part of his life.

His incredible voice & showmanship will be seriously missed!

R.I.P Jani!

Sad indeed. I was at the taping of That Metal Show a few weeks ago that had Michael Sweet, Taime Downe, and Jani on it. Jani walked over and said hello and seemed like a very sweet guy. However, I must admit, he did not look very healthy at all. Word has it he was clean and sober for a while but who knows? I truly hope so.

I've always had a soft spot for Warrant (still do) and agree with those comments about Dog Eat Dog - a brilliant piece of hard rock.

RIP Jani.

Dog Eat Dog and Bang Tango's Dancin' on Coals are the two best "budget rock" albums ever. When I say Budget Rock, I mean anytime you go to a music shop and check their budget/$5 or less section, those 2 albums are always there!

Saw him fill in for Russell on the Great White tour of 2010. He did a remarkable good job to step in at the last minute. I wasn't expecting much since I only knew Warrant by a few music video clips. But that night his voice was strong and surprisingly a good fit for the GW songs. He also performed a few Warrant songs on acoustic guitar. Glad I got to see him.

This sucks, always been a huge Warrant fan, but honestly, who didn't see this coming? I'm surprised Jani lasted this long. He looked like death 10 years ago. By no means am I saying his death is a good thing. I'm just saying I'm surprised he lasted this long. As for the cause, I'd say booze & drugs, as thats really all he has cared about for the later part of his life.

His incredible voice & showmanship will be seriously missed!

R.I.P Jani!

Sad but true.

Yeap horrible news but not shocking. Add me to the list of Dog Eat Dog fans. Through the hole in my waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllll

Totally agree on Dog Eat Dog. Head and shoulders above their other albums. It's a masterpiece.
Had a chance to see Warrant 4 times. RIP Jani.