Exclusive LARS LARSEN (MANTICORA) PPUSA IX Interview Posted!

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
Greetings!

I just posted one of the longest and most in-depth interviews I've ever conducted -- a special "bonus" interview with Manticora's dynamic frontman Lars Larsen.

As all good ProgPower USA fans know, Manticora will open for Gamma Ray and Helloween on Thursday, September 25, as part of the Hellish Rock World Tour, which makes its first stop in Atlanta to kick off this year's metal fest.

My interview with Lars features some three dozen rare and exclusive photos, some of which are never-before-seen shots of the Larsen family, which now includes a baby daughter, as well as a few ultra-rare gems that you need to see to believe -- including one photo of the original design for the Black Circus albums, which Lars says has never been seen before. So if you (like me) think the Black Circus album art is jaw-dropping, you'll love seeing what the original design was going to be. In an e-mail to me, Lars explained the design this way: "These are the first sketches on how Leo Hao wanted to draw the front cover for "The Black Circus". What an amazing artist!!! We didn't use this one, as we wanted the circus to appear bigger, but it could have been used inside the cover, had we wanted to....Note how similar the front gypsy is to Tom Araya from Slayer... :) "

Many, many thanks to Lars for his enthusiasm for this project!

My interview with Lars can be found here.

Enjoy! :kickass:

Bill

LL: That’s fucking cool, man. Just tell me your address, I will send you one poster. [NOTE: He did, signed by the members of Manticora. It’s spectacular.]

=O

Words cannot describe my jealousy.

(Or perhaps they can, I'm just too lazy to try)