Fake Heroes - Clouds

Mardoch

Defender of the Universe
Oct 23, 2010
Baton Rouge, LA
Take some DGM type of stylings and mix in some djenty riffage and groove and that's approximately what we're working with here. My initial feelings about the vocals were not great, but they sorta grew on me as being in that same Italian high-pitched style that we've seen quite a few places. A solid album overall, imo.

https://fakeheroes.bandcamp.com/album/clouds

PS: Loving loving loving the automagic media link parsing. Not writing tags and isolating IDs makes me a happy lazy guy.

Damn, only one taker? Is it because I said djent? I really expected people would appreciate this one. Really solid melodic prog stuff. It might even be creeping near my top 10.

Last edited:
Holy shit! Thanks for posting this dude! Listening now and this is right up my alley. Killer riffage and I actually really like the vocalist. Definitely a top 10 release this year!

Reactions: Mardoch
Almost finished playing through this on Bandcamp, excellent, excellent stuff. Its on eMusic so I'll be grabbing it as soon as my account refreshes. No complaints about the singer here either. I think he sounds great. There's definitely a djent sound to it but I wouldn't say its overwhelmingly so. Its more heavy, melodic prog with some djent underneath. Unless even the slightest bit of djenty-ness puts you off its worth checking out.

Reactions: Mardoch
My only qualm with the vocals was my first couple listens through on the first track and part of the second. Something just didn't land but now I quite like them. I've been listening to it nearly non-stop since I picked it up, which was about one or two full listens before I posted. I think this one might end up breaking my top 10.