Family Reunion!?

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
Well, I have been counting down the days, and they seem to be going by faster and faster for me....

I know many people are going to see their particular bands in their favorite genre or going because the chances of seeing some of these bands on our home soil again will be rare... if not at all.

Many are also going to partake in all the great vendors that will be offierng many, MANY selections of excellent music and mechandise for sale.

Among all these things, there is one thing that is really a big draw for me that became an amazing experiance for me last year... meeting people from all over and being able to have conversation and beers over what we all have in common!

There are so many people that I had meet last year that are attending this year, that it makes it feel like a sort of family reunion. To me this is the icing on the cake, I am looking forward to hanging with people that I haven't seen for the last year and hearing what's happend in that time...playing catch up with those whom I haven't talked to since the last day of the festival last year, and meeting new people who are attending for the first time.

Glenn has not only done an excellent job in bringing us live music that would otherwise might never see the light of day here, but has also created a "mecca"... a sanctuary for all of us to gather once a year and let loose...all of this in one glorious weekend.

This bud's for you Mr. Progressive/Power metal festival promoter man.... For taking risks and going against the grain!

\m/
Dustin

Damn straight Dustin - you and me maybe having dinner on the Thursday night and you don't even know about it!! :lol:

(Rhavin2112 invited me along). :)

I've always said it's about the music, the people, and 72 hours of compressed,fun, mayhem! :) Ever since the first festival in Lansing.......it's come a LONG way in a very short time!

J-Dubya

Ever since my first Powermad in '99, my second in 2000, and both PPUSAs so far; I've always said that the best part of festivals like this is the chance to hang out with the people..the music is just an added bonus! :)

And the chance to hit up the vendors without paying shipping is another bonus, to be sure..hehe :)

Originally posted by JayDubya
I've always said it's about the music, the people, and 72 hours of compressed,fun, mayhem! :) Ever since the first festival in Lansing.......it's come a LONG way in a very short time!

J-Dubya

:)

I'd like to also quote what Jaydub said, standing outside the Granada as he was leaving last year on sunday, which made us all laugh:

Jaydub: DAMMIT! .....it feels like were leaving band camp....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

\m/
Dustin