Fanboy Alert! Circle II Circle

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
I'm enjoying the heck out of the new CIIC album, Seasons Will Fall! Overall, it's the best album since Burden of Truth. Zak and company has brought keys back into the mix, in addition to a more melodic direction than the previous two albums. I've attached my favorite track from the album called, Epiphany, because it's the closest song I've heard to a Zak era Savatage song since Watching In Silence! You can tell CIIC has been performing Wake of Magellan during the making of this record, which is a good thing for me! Check it out.

~Brian~

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it a lot as well, it's their best since Watching In Silence IMO. In fact, WiS and SWF arei the only CIIC albums I enjoy all over. 2 excellent discs. I find the others mostly average, with only a few good songs on each.

Agreed also! I am VERY pleasantly surprised at the dramatic improvement over the last few albums. This is definitely the best since the debut...... How about the "Sirens" riffing on "Never Gonna Stop"???

find myself enjoying this album....unlike the previous 2 which were boring

I am also very much enjoying their new album. Great riffs, great solos, great song writing, and Zak's terrific voice.:worship: Can't wait to see them in September.

Not much love for Burden of Truth here huh? The debut remains my favorite for sure, Seasons Will Fall at second, and Burden of Truth in the third spot. I've enjoyed the others, but I admit the last two were pretty generic. The Middle of Nowhere is a really good album too, but if I remember correctly when it first came out many other fans were disappointed. Hopefully, Zak will simply build on the sound of Seasons for his future efforts. I really would like to see him team up with either Jon or Chris for some future writing as well.

~Brian~

Not much love for Burden of Truth here huh? The debut remains my favorite for sure, Seasons Will Fall at second, and Burden of Truth in the third spot. I've enjoyed the others, but I admit the last two were pretty generic. The Middle of Nowhere is a really good album too, but if I remember correctly when it first came out many other fans were disappointed. Hopefully, Zak will simply build on the sound of Seasons for his future efforts. I really would like to see him team up with either Jon or Chris for some future writing as well.

~Brian~
Burden of Truth is, from start to finish, their best album and my favorite followed by the 1st 2

BOT is their masterpiece- hands down. I like every album except for COP. It had a few good tracks but overall very dull and terrible production. I'm enjoying the new one and hope to see them in the fall playing CIIC music- NOT Savatage music.

BOT is their masterpiece- hands down. I like every album except for COP. It had a few good tracks but overall very dull and terrible production. I'm enjoying the new one and hope to see them in the fall playing CIIC music- NOT Savatage music.

Well, they're performing Wake of Magellan during the Showcase, so you're not gonna be diggin that I guess. I have to admit, that I'm very much looking forward to that!

~Brian~