fans of Avenged Sevenfold

A shame. A fan of the band, and was looking forward to the next release whenever it would come. Who knows what will happen now. Natural causes.... that can mean a lot of things.

I am a big fan of the band and I am saddened to hear this not only as a fan o but for the lose of a life to soon.

My question is "natural causes?* IS that Hollywood talk for drug overdose now? Same with Brittany Murphy! It was no secret of the bands debauchery and drug use.

Sava_freak

My question is "natural causes?* IS that Hollywood talk for drug overdose now? Same with Brittany Murphy! It was no secret of the bands debauchery and drug use.

Sava_freak

An autopsy will determine the actual causes but basically it's a statement that means there were no outward appearances of what occurred. No homicide, no suicide, and no nearby evidence suggesting a drug overdose.

I have really been struggling to deal with this news all day. Very sad indeed! I am a big fan of A7X. Rev will be greatly missed forever!:cry:

Yeah, sucky news indeed! The dude was an awesome drummer and an integral part of A7X with respect to his writing and backing vox duties. This is a blow to the band. And yes, I, too, am a fan. Their last disk was amazing!

And what is up with so many young people dying? :-(

RIP Rev...

Glad there's no bashing on this thread yet. I was afraid to post this in fear of people bashing the band, despite his death. While I'm not a huge fan of their entire discography, City of Evil is probably one of my favorite albums in the last ten years. From what I hear, he is one of the more musical forces in the band, so it's quite a shame. This has really not been a good year for bands losing members. As much as I hate to say it though, the "natural causes" is bs. The guy is 28 for crying out loud, that doesn't just happen. That just seems to be more a pr quote than anything else. As someone else mentioned, these guys were known to be hardcore partiers. Regardless though, my condolences go out to his family, friends and bandmates.

Horrible news. One of the best new bands in YEARS! I have always said they were the next Guns N' Roses due to their great songwriting. A band that writes catchy music with major guitar parts... how can anyone not like this band?!?!

Yeah and he was a major part of the band/sound/music.:cry:

R.I.P. Metal Brother!