Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beyond All Horizons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phylactery

Feb 3, 2016
United Kingdom
Decided to continue this to see if we can more interest than the first time. And as you all know, I fucking worship this album. Unparalleled majesty.

The Vision and The Voice and Darkness Falls for Me have been eliminated but we had hardly any voters. I suspect they'd be the two to go even with far more voters, though. Let's get more votes this time!

My votes:

Blood Shall Be Spilled - Yes it has that memorable and beautiful last minute and a half, but what precedes it is some of the least interesting riffing and melodic ideas on the album. It's still fucking great of course.

When Night Surrounds Me - I don't really have a specific reason for voting this next, I may actually prefer it over Fog's Kiss, but the latter has individual passages above anything in this song for me.

If we get enough votes to continue to the next round, it gets much tougher!

Last edited:
Doh, I missed round one, and I haven't listened to this album in forever but I remember it being pretty good. Not sure when I'll have the chance to really sit down and sample either.

Reactions: Phylactery
Come on you lazy fucks. Don’t make me tag everyone that voted for this in the 1996 thread! There was quite a lot of participation in the LaEFS poll, and let’s face it, this album is better.

Disappointed you voted for the title track Slayed! It’s a top 3 song for me and actually features my favourite moment on the entire album.

Come on you lazy fucks. Don’t make me tag everyone that voted for this in the 1996 thread! There was quite a lot of participation in the LaEFS poll, and let’s face it, this album is better.

Disappointed you voted for the title track Slayed! It’s a top 3 song for me and actually features my favourite moment on the entire album.

Which moment is your favourite? It's tough voting out anything from an album like this. I think I've always preferred the middle of the album, though, and the two you voted for this round are two of my all-time favourites.