Fav Angra Album

Wow I actually started a thread that got past the first page, WOOT. It is nice to know that many people share my opinions about Temple Of Shadows and Rebirth dominating. I just cant understand what people saw in Holy Land, I just cant get into it.

To kind of change the topic a little what song in particular are you looking forward to seeing them play the most live? Mine has to be Temple of Hate or Hunters And Prey. I cant wait to see all of you at PP. I have never been to anything like this, and I am so ready for it is ridiculous.

Well, that's hard to pick. Wishing Well, for having the best chorus in an Angra song ever. Carry On, which for some reason I never get tired of. And Nova Era, another great one.

The Fiddler said:
Easily Rebirth.

I bought Temple of Shadows and traded it in 5 days later. The music is fine, but Edu's "new" vocal style is just horrid compared to Rebirth. I like him best when he's clean and clear, and not trying to be rough and raw - it's just not him. To my ears, he was way out of tune for most all of the TOS disc.

When I first heard ToS I wasn't totally into it, I honestly was hoping for a CD full of "Nova Era", "Rebirth", and "Heroes Of Sand". But as I kept listening to it, it just grew and grew on me to the point I like it as a full package more than Rebirth. Give it another chance, or just wait to see the new songs live, might change your mind... who knows.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Wow I actually started a thread that got past the first page, WOOT. It is nice to know that many people share my opinions about Temple Of Shadows and Rebirth dominating. I just cant understand what people saw in Holy Land, I just cant get into it.

To kind of change the topic a little what song in particular are you looking forward to seeing them play the most live? Mine has to be Temple of Hate or Hunters And Prey. I cant wait to see all of you at PP. I have never been to anything like this, and I am so ready for it is ridiculous.

Temple Of Hate, Spread Your Fire, Carry On, and Stand Away.

my second favorite Angra disc hasn't even been mentioned yet... it's Freedom Call. Some great Angra remakes are on that disc, especially "Queen of the Night". Phemonenal.

Queen of the Night isn't an original Angra song?

I know Painkiller is a Judas Priest song, but I thought all the others were Angra songs.

Reaching Horizons is pretty sweet as well, although the lyrics are awful. At that point it was apparent that Andre's command of English was very poor.

Freedom Call was my first exposure to Angra. It made a pretty good impression. Queen of the Night and Reaching Horizons especially.

Would be a nice surprise if they'd break out one of the first three songs from the EP at ProgPower.

The version I got also had the 3 acoustic live songs, so I heard the acoustic versions of Angels Cry and Never Understand long before I heard the debut album versions. Truth be told, I think Angels Cry works better acoustically, while Never Understand works better plugged in.