Favourite Death Metal Vocalist?

One Inch Man said:
You have weird ears.

I stand by that. Vincent on Altars of Madness and Walker on Heartwork aren't all that different.

I was watching this dvd with Cephalic Carnage, and they're one of those bands where the guys have dreadlocks and jump up and down while playing. I don't think I watched all of one song. It didn't help that I thought they sounded pretty crappy.

Thomas Lindberg hands down. Totally amazing vocalist
Matt Chalk deserves a mention as well, he has the best death metal range I've heard.

There are many other great vocalists, but in my mind, these two stand out.

i dont remember any of them having drealocks. go crazy on stage, yeah. crazy movement for crazy music
~gR~

My favourites:

Radim Matìjkovi of Lykathea aflame
Phlegeton of Wormed
Lord wyrm of Cyrptopsy

sikth said:
My favourites:

Radim Matìjkovi of Lykathea aflame
Phlegeton of Wormed
Lord wyrm of Cyrptopsy

You do know that Radim hasn't even done anything with LA (excuse me Lykathea), yet, right? Ptoe (Petr Tomanek) was the vocalist on Elvenefris.

Also, I believe Phlegeton's are studio doctored.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
You do know that Radim hasn't even done anything with LA (excuse me Lykathea), yet, right? Ptoe (Petr Tomanek) was the vocalist on Elvenefris.

Nope didn't know that, I need to read those M-A pages more closely.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Also, I believe Phlegeton's are studio doctored.

Really? Well I guess they do sound a little too inhuman.

MasterOLightning said:
I was watching this dvd with Cephalic Carnage, and they're one of those bands where the guys have dreadlocks and jump up and down while playing. I don't think I watched all of one song. It didn't help that I thought they sounded pretty crappy.

You are thinking of a completely different band. :err:

High On Maiden said:
I'd love to see Suffocation live!

They sucked, I saw them with Morbid angel who also sucked. Then I saw Deicide a few months ago, they sucked as well. Suffocation blew and got really boring. Ive seen Cattle Decap. Jungle Rot, Goatwhore, Morbid, Deicide and Suffocation and well they all suck.It all sounds the same after a while when theres NO FUCKING DYNAMICS in the lyrics and Vox.

JOHN TARDY ROCKS ASS!! Threatening skies is my fav. Obituary song.
LINDBERG is god so nuff said.
Johan Hegg, Amon Amarth fucking rocks.
The dude from ANATA kicks ass too.

I hate death metal vox for the most part. I like the screechy shit. Brutal death sux IMO.

I went back and watched Cephalic Carnage for a bit. I was wrong about the dreadlocks, but they still jump up and down, and at one point the guitar players are breakdancing or something. Musically it's not my cup of tea, either.

KMADD said:
Brett Hoffman-vocals Malevolent Creation albums Stillborn and Retribution
I can't believe I forgot him. He was the vocalist on The Ten Commandments through Stillborn, and on The Fine Art Of Murder(I think) through Envenomed. He's one of my favorites.

Cephalic Carnage just goes fuckin nuts on stage. The first time I saw them my friend told me to back away from the front of the stage because the bass player swings his bass around like a madman...he was right.

Spod2508 said:
Chris Barnes (prob my fave of all time)

Underrated, I reckon. His stuff with SFU can be pretty bad, especially the high stuff, but back with CC he fucking owned.

Karl Sanders
Chris Barnes
Mathew Chalk
George Fisher
David Vincent
Steve Tucker
Glen Benton
Daniel Schubert :)D)
Ross Dolan
Lord Worm
thats about all i can think of right now, all exceptional Vocalists

Nathan from VEHEMENCE.