Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Into The Everflow

• Mosquito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bleeding

• Total voters
Even though I really like technical metal I have voted for Bleeding. It has superior production and I think that Buddy's vocals are fantastic on that album.

So there you have it. Great poll btw! Psychotic Waltz rules!!

well I totally love that first track(Ashes) of Into The Everflow and, of course, the title track. Hanging On A String is beautiful, too.

do you have that "Dark Millennium" cd? it seems to be quite rare and expensive (too expensive)...also I wonder if the Darkstar albums are worth buying (Dan Rock's project)

Alex78 said:
do you have that "Dark Millennium" cd? it seems to be quite rare and expensive (too expensive)...also I wonder if the Darkstar albums are worth buying (Dan Rock's project)

I heard some of the "Dark Millennium" cd. I don't have it. I can't really say if I liked it or not. I have to hear more before I can decide.

As for the Darkstar albums, I did hear enough. but it was not my cup of thee :)

Although Its clear that it is well played and composed music I was not too wild about it.

Welcome to UMOS btw. Its nice to see another prog-head here :wave:

thanks! ;) I like how friendly this board is! over there at GMD there are so many assholes.
well, actually I can't relate to most bands discussed on "Old School", but I like some old bands, that is, Anacrusis(I wonder what happened to them), Psychotic Waltz, Atheist and Coroner (in this order).

Alex78 said:
thanks! ;) I like how friendly this board is! over there at GMD there are so many assholes.

Well, you are by far not the only fugitive of the GMD board.

Alex78 said:
well, actually I can't relate to most bands discussed on "Old School", but I like some old bands, that is, Anacrusis(I wonder what happened to them), Psychotic Waltz, Atheist and Coroner (in this order).

Actually Anacrusis is quite big on this board. There were several treads here about Anacrusis.

To answer your question; they quit after "Screams and Whispers" :( They are my favorite pet-project band. Thats means that I try to promote them wherever and whenever I get the chance! :headbang:

I assume that you are familiar with their website:

http://apogee.whack.org/%7Eken/

where you can download *all their albums*, demo's and a few live gigs?
Alas in 128Kbit :(

If not, what the hell are you waiting for? Go there NOW! :)

I already have all their original albums! ;) except Suffering Hour, which I downloaded from their website (still trying to get the CD somewhere). I think I remember you recommending Toxik and Realm in some thread, am I right? Never heard of them! are they progressive thrash like Anacrusis?

Alex78 said:
I already have all their original albums! ;) except Suffering Hour, which I downloaded from their website (still trying to get the CD somewhere). I think I remember you recommending Toxik and Realm in some thread, am I right? Never heard of them! are they progressive thrash like Anacrusis?

I did not recommend, Toxik although I think its an fantastic speed metal band. I did mention Realm however. They are a thrash outfit. None of the bands have progressive influences although some people here would argue that Toxik does has some.

The Realm cd is hard to find but you can try. Its certainly a good thrash cd.
I'll look up what techical thrash bands I have in my collection.

Hawk said:
None of the bands have progressive influences although some people here would argue that Toxik does has some.
And I might be one of the latter, though in the end it´s all a question of how you define progressive. Let´s just say Toxik play a quite technical style, at least on their second (and at the same time last) album "Think This". Well, it´s not as technical as Watchtower or Sieges Even, but I´d call it technical thrash/speed metal.

In case you are looking for other technical/progressive(?) thrash bands you should give Mekong Delta and Hexenhaus a try (if you don´t already know them).

Back on topic: While I do think that "Ashes", "Into The Everflow" and "Hanging On A String" are some of Psychotic Waltz´ finest/best songs, I have to say that all in all I still like "A Social Grace" best.