Female Metal Festival - Sat, June 16, 2007 - Minnesota

SwordLord

Attack!
Sep 20, 2004
St. Paul, Minnesota
www.myspace.com
I have been very hard at work on this and I am pleased to announce the very first ever FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES metal festival - dedicated to metal bands with female lead vocalists.

This year's headliner is DORO, currently on her first US tour in sometime.

Also on the fest this year:

VAINGLORY (from Georgia)
Thunderous power metal assault from down south!
http://www.vainglorymetal.com/
http://www.myspace.com/vainglorymetal

EARTHEN (Chicago, Illinois)
Featured at HEATHEN CRUSADE 2!
http://www.myspace.com/earthenband

VISIDEON (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
Minnesota’s Own!
http://www.myspace.com/visideon

THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE (Madison, Wisconsin)
The empire is coming for you all!
http://www.theottomanempire.net/
http://www.myspace.com/theottomanempire

Ticket Prices:
$20 in advance
$30 day of show

Get your advance tickets at:
http://swordlordproductions.indietickets.com/tickets/customer/home.php

I have this priced so that it is very worthwhile to buy your tickets early for this amazing day of metal.

Don’t miss this very special metal event!

I wish I could go. Just wanted to mention though that the poster could use an edit. The girl in the corner looks like she has no arm past the elbow because if it being cut off really close to it and her bending it outward.

Vainglory is great. I tried to get em for a local show, but they were too busy. Sounds cool SwordLord I hope it works out for ya.

SwordLord, did I ever tell you how much I love you?! I am so there! Doro and Vainglory! ... (along with several other bands that I'm sure to love). You're my hero! :headbang: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :worship:

Will this become an annual thing? (I hope so!) I have many suggestions for future lineups. :D Haha!

Wow!!!

This post hasn't even been up for a day yet and already I've received all of these well-wishes!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words!

BRMH -- awesome that you are able to attend! Be sure to find me and say hello! As to your question about whether or not this will become an annual thing, the answer is "well, I'd like it to be..." I've had this idea in the works for a while and this Doro tour was just timed perfectly and when the tour stop came back on a Saturday, I said to myself, well this is it. So, Flight of the Valkyries has been born! I am definitely interested in any suggestions from you (or anyone for that matter!) on future band choices. I have a loooong list of groups I want to get and potential headliners ... wait till you see what I have planned for next year if this year goes well!

Thank you everyone for taking the time to post in this thread!

Power METAL to the People!
Nathan "The SwordLord" Block
SwordLord Productions -- 5 years old!
2002 - 2007
GOING STRONG!!!

Vainglory alone (the presence of Kate French) makes this a worthwhile show. good job!

I had no idea they hailed from Georgia, actually. :D

We played a Vainglory song on WREKage a few weeks ago - I think we opened the broadcast with it, actually -- and a little later the female singer called us about it and thanked us, etc. I had been thinking that was kinda weird, but now, seeing as they're localz, I understand. :lol:

I thought Kate French was from Northern California? When I was in high school around 2002 or 2003, my dad met her at a shopping center because he was driving my car (with tons of metal bumper stickers all over it) and she came over to ask him about it. She gave him a business card to pass on to me (I can't remember why). I think it's still in my wallet, too. ;)

Such a small world...

Any tips for those of us willing to travel for this festival? (I'm thinking this might replace Chicago Powerfest as my spring/summer vacation, since Mystic Prophecy has dropped off that bill and Nick [Demon of the Woods] and I were mainly going for them and Benedictum. I'd love to do both festivals, but I think this show has more weight for me as of right now.)

Coming from Baltimore, I'm thinking I'm going to have to fly in on Friday, stay in a hotel (obviously), and then leave on Sunday.

Right now, just doing some preliminary research, I'm thinking the Crowne Plaza Hotel St Paul-Riverfront looks like a good option for a hotel, but is that the closest to the venue? Most reasonably priced? Nice/clean/safe atmosphere? Also, Swordlord, do you happen to know what hotel the bands are staying in? :D

Also is there a shuttle, (safe) bus service or something from the airport to hotel(s) nearby, or should I consider getting a rental car?

Also, any recommendations for places to eat, sites to check out, etc. would also be appriciated. Thanks! :headbang:

BRMH -- awesome that you are able to attend! Be sure to find me and say hello! As to your question about whether or not this will become an annual thing, the answer is "well, I'd like it to be..." I've had this idea in the works for a while and this Doro tour was just timed perfectly and when the tour stop came back on a Saturday, I said to myself, well this is it. So, Flight of the Valkyries has been born! I am definitely interested in any suggestions from you (or anyone for that matter!) on future band choices. I have a loooong list of groups I want to get and potential headliners ... wait till you see what I have planned for next year if this year goes well!
I will most definatly find you and say hello - and probably buy you a drink in thanks for this awesome show! :kickass: I'm glad to hear that the hope/plan is to make this an annual thing. I think it's a great idea and would love to be able to make this another annual trip like PP. I'm at work right now, but I'll PM you a list of some of my suggestions when I get a chance, although I have a feeling that many of them may already be on your list. :D Thanks again! This festival is like a dream come true for me! :headbang:

Any tips for those of us willing to travel for this festival?

I promise you that all of this information will be forthcoming when the website is up and running. I can tell you for sure that the closest hotel will be the Kelly Inn of St. Paul.

Best Western Kelly Inn
161 St. Anthony Ave
St. Paul, MN 55103
651-227-8711

I am trying to negotiate a room block and I should know more on that next week. This would also be the hotel the bands are staying at.

More info on this soon!!! :headbang:

Nathan

This festival is like a dream come true for me! :headbang:

That's a very kind thing to say! I have high hopes for this festival and I am definitely going to do at least one or two more based on the "wish list" I've already created for myself. I am happy that you are looking forward to the festival and it will be nice to meet you.

Anyone else who has ideas, PLEASE email them to me. I would be glad to listen to any and all ideas. Also, please note that with this year's line-up, we have a number of genres represented: power, thrash, death, classic and folk. I am interested in having all genres represented as much as possible, the only unifying factor being that a female vocalist obviously must front the band.

My email is SwordLord2003[at]aol[dot]com

Nathan