Finnish bands using Opeth words

@=NoBigDeal=@

Inn I Slottet Fra Drömmen
Jan 28, 2006
Helsinki
What the hell is this?
There is a growing tendency among finnish top bands to recycle Opethian words. First Amorphis released album "Silent Waters", then was time for Nightwish to release the single "Amaranth".
And what is to come next? I'll tell you. The upcoming Rasmus album is titled no more or less than "Black Roses".

Yet their lyrics suck in comparison to Opeth's

btw. Using Opeth words myself in English class I improved my grade a lot :D

"Instruments of Death" is a fav for Opeth in GR and BWP - that's totally ripped of the "IN the court of the Crimson King" album by King Crimson

I used those words together on a school project, love it!!

I will next start a band and call it Eating Lotuses and my first album will be called My Heart is made of Porcelain.

I cant believe the first track on Watershed is called Coil btw, soooooo Lacuna Coilish of them, how they dare.

Don't a band called Coil have a track called Windowpane?

I do like Opeth's use of words, I've been tempted to nick them myself in songs. Most Opethy sounding sentences I've used are like "terminally poisoned parasite" and "Scaled the face of the clock tower to hinder her progress, the lunar damsel."

Meh.

That is very true, Opeth needs more songs about badgers... though "I hear the baying of the badgers" doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well.