FREE Atlantic Station Shuttle - take it to Publix, Target, etc.

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
More info about the free shuttle in Atlantic Station:

Also, I don't think that a lot of folks know about Atlantic Station. It's a new, trendy community located approx. 1.5 miles behind the venue with a ton of shops and restaurants located across the 17th Street Bridge (crosses over the interstate). There's also a Target, IKea, and Cinema. Click here for a map.

What's great is that Atlantic Station offers a free shuttle from the MARTA Arts Center Station near The Artmore. The bus departs the Arts Center MARTA station every 15-30 minutes.

FREE RIDE Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri 5:00 am – 1:00am
Sat-Sun 5:00 am – 1:00am

http://martaguide.com/tag/atlantic-station-shuttle/

(I copied this from an old post) Many thanks to Tammy for confirming via Twitter.

@ProgPowerUSA From Art Center MARTA, catch 'Atlantic Station' shuttle. Tell driver 'Publix,' he'll announce the stop. Takes 5 mins! ...

@ProgPowerUSA Drop off is at corner of outdoor shopping center. Walk about 2 'blocks' in, store on left. Shuttle every 15 mins!

@ProgPowerUSA It also stops at a couple banks, Wells Fargo I know for sure.

~Jen

Thanks for getting the word out there about this, Jen! With this shopping center and a free shuttle to it, there's little reason to go anywhere else! Everything we need is so close, and I might just go down there and walk around to kill some time at the fancy clothes shops! Window shopping is certainly cheaper than going to the Aquarium! lol!

Went to Atlantic Station on Saturday. Ate at Strip Steak and Sushi (the hostess knew what ProgPower was, which we all thought was cool). The shuttle is convenient, but -- as we found out -- not necessary, if you're in the mood for a nice walk outdoors and you're not buying a ton of stuff. It's actually (according to our GPS) less than a mile up 17th from Center Stage.

Thank you for posting this information Jen! Hopefully it will continue for next year's fest - looking forward to exploring outside of midtown (giggle).

The Atlantic Station FREE RIDE shuttle is NO COST to riders.

SHUTTLE NOTES:

The FREE RIDE shuttle runs along the 17th Street bus only lane from the Arts Center Station to The Flats and IKEA -- making stops at the designated MARTA bus stops in addition to other stops identified on the updated map. The shuttle no longer enters the retail district.

Additionally, MARTA route 37 is also free for all riders with a rail-to-bus transfer. Atlantic Station works in partnership with MARTA to ensure a FREE RIDE shuttle or MARTA bus will continue to depart the Arts Center MARTA station every 15-30 minutes. The FREE RIDE shuttle stop at the Arts Center Station is located in the MARTA Bus Bay alongside the MARTA bus for Atlantic Station.

FREE RIDE Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri || 5:00 am – 1:00am
Sat-Sun || 5:00 am – 1:00am
Call ASAP+ at 404-541-0808 for more shuttle information from 10am to 4pm, Monday through Friday, or Lanier Parking at 404-249-9138 after hours.

Download a printable map of the FREE RIDE Shuttle

I usually just walk over there - I eat so much FOOD while I'm at PP that I need to burn off some of the extra calories!