Galactic Cowboys to Re-unite for three live shows

Feb 9, 2002
New Orleans, LA
www.geocities.com
http://galacticcowboys.com/

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! You've asked, pleaded, begged, annoyed and cajoled for long enough. Galactic Cowboys fans, your time has come. In August 2009 Galactic Cowboys will perform three shows in three Texas cities. Now that you have been informed it is your duty to make your plans and pack your bags. If you have to rent a car, book a flight, hop a train, thumb a ride, or stowaway on an interstellar transport, you must get here. You may never get this chance again, only three days, only in texas!

Don't miss what might be your last chance to see what one writer has called: "One of the most powerful live rock bands to ever tread the boards, whose musical intensity is matched only by the sheer fun each of them clearly shows on stage."

Thursday August 13th (pending) The Door in Dallas

Friday August 14th (pending) Stubb's in Austin

Saturday August 15th (confirmed) Warehouse Live in Houston

anyone living in the dallas & austin area, or planning to attend the shows there, feel free to contact the club and let them know that there are people across the galaxy waiting for them to confirm the GC shows!

I have never had the opportunity to see this band live, they have been one of my absolute favorites since 1997 (junior year of high school)

:headbang: RANCH ON MARS :worship:

great news . .

(yeah, I'm back. Thanks Glenn)

:kickass:

I haven't heard much Galactic Cowboys other than their final record... which I own...

I don't really care for the "killer" song posted... but I somewhat enjoy the rich laid-back harmonies of their final album.

Oh YAY. I LOVE the Galactic Cowboys - I saw them open for Dream Theater in 1993 and was thoroughly impressed. They were really nice guys, too; I talked to Ben after the show for a while.

No Way!!! If I didn't have the Vegas DT show in last August already booked, I'd be flying to Austin if these shows do happen. I still might just decide to go anyway. This is great news and I hope things work out well for them and they decide to stay together and tour more.

Unreal!!! I love this band. Saw them open for DT in 93' and then a headlining show in Arizona a year later. There were maybe 50 people there and they BLEW THE FREAKING ROOF OFF!!!!

You Texans are lucky!!!

I saw them open for Over Kill (Years of Decay tour?), and I didn't care for them all that much - and IIRC - neither did the crowd. Course, my musical tastes were way different back then. I guess I didn't realize their popularity until now, kind of thought they were more of an obscure band, not really calling for a reunion.

Cool to see the older bands coming back though.

I'll stop rambling now.

I just soiled my pants. I will be in Texas for at least one, if not all of these shows. No doubt about it, I'd have to lose a limb to not see them. Anyone ever wonder where HW got all the vocal harmonies???? Now you know.

I just soiled my pants. I will be in Texas for at least one, if not all of these shows. No doubt about it, I'd have to lose a limb to not see them. Anyone ever wonder where HW got all the vocal harmonies???? Now you know.
HELL YEAH! I saw them open for KX a few years back. KILLER gig! Enjoy! Their first 3 albums are all in my Top 40 Albums List(any genre).:worship:rock::kickass::cool: I sure wish they would play PPUSA XI or the next Showcase!

Unreal!!! I love this band. Saw them open for DT in 93' and then a headlining show in Arizona a year later. There were maybe 50 people there and they BLEW THE FREAKING ROOF OFF!!!!

You Texans are lucky!!!

I used to live in Texas and also in the Houston area. Enjoy the shows, y'all!:headbang::kickass: