Gallowbraid - For Agalloch Fans

Prog_Please

Apr 25, 2008
San Francisco
This band came up when some friends and I were discussing the new Agalloch album. Gallowbraid's EP "Ashen Eidolon" is extremely well done (and its the first bit of music released by these guys!). Anyone into Agalloch should definitely check these guys out.

Here are the two lengthy songs off the EP (for those of you who can handle 12+ minute songs):

This one starts out a little softer with some nice acoustic stuff up front:

Last edited by a moderator:
ha, I started listening to the first song and thought "well, it certainly sounds like Agalloch, but there are other bands in this 'grey metal' genre too". Then, the vocals started. Utterly shameless! :lol: Did they actually pay Haughm to do the vocals? He even croaks the word "beew-tay" the exact same way! Anyhow, it actually seems pretty good, the depth of the cloneage is just remarkable though!

Neil

Neil,
I can't argue with you.
These guys definitely spent a LOT of time listening to AGALLOCH!!!!

Regardless, as of now, there aren't a LOT of bands that sound like this. Atmospheric dark metal with those types of classical guitar leads.

This is a band to keep an eye out for, for sure.

New Agalloch is fucking awesome. I can remember exclaiming at multiple times that they are the greatest band ever while listening to it the first time.

mëtålspëd;9524226 said:
I really like it Brian. I don't know if its leaked yet, but you can sample it in its entirety here:

Edit: Boo... NPR took the audio samples down.

It actually came out last week.

It's really good so far, for me.
It was the perfect soundtrack for driving home in the rain late at night after Blind Guardian. Any Agalloch CD MUST come out during the change of seasons!

And a super big thanks to me he handed the only copy over to Jason last night. Normally I wouldnt but I actually wanted to see Jason spend money in person. I ordered the new Agalloch on Amazon last night......

anyone ever order the CD-R versions of albums they sell??? the band DEMON has like 5 CD's that are CD-R's. I ordered one to see how the quality is.

So I did some digging on this band and believe it or not, it appears to be a one-man band featuring Jake Rogers. Metal archives says that there are two ex-members in Alex Rogers (drums and I'm guessing his brother) and Alison Vance and Megan Hunter (both vocals). So, I find this even more amazing that he was able to get this sound all on his own for the most part.

mëtålspëd;9524226 said:
I really like it Brian. I don't know if its leaked yet, but you can sample it in its entirety here:

Edit: Boo... NPR took the audio samples down.

I asked for it last week at The Disc Exchange in Knoxville, but one of the guys said they were having trouble getting it in for whatever reason.

Buy the album. Profound lore has it for cheap.

I'll check 'em out.

It's really good so far, for me.
It was the perfect soundtrack for driving home in the rain late at night after Blind Guardian. Any Agalloch CD MUST come out during the change of seasons!

Agreed...I'm addicted to this band! They would make for an excellent "odd ball" pick for ProgPower.

~Brian~