Game Systems and Games for Sale - I Restore Them!

Gunstar9

Skeletor Goes to Mars
Jan 30, 2005
Most of you don't know this - it's a hobby of mine to nab up old video games systems, games, and accessories. I'll get a hold of them, disassemble them, clean them inside and out, fix them (if necessary), and make minor modifications. I pretty much restore everything to a like-new condition.

Here's what I've got that I'm getting rid of:

Restored Atari 2600 System = $70
4 switch system includes case for system and games, one joystick, one paddle set, ac adaptor, video cable & transformer for coax, instruction manual, Atari Force comics 1 & 2, Atari catalog, and 10 games: Barnstorming, Cosmic Ark, Donkey Kong, Fire Fighter, Grand Prix, Keystone Kapers, Pac Man (with manual), Q-Bert, Space Attack, and Winter Games.

NES System = $50
System with new 72 pin connector - no blowing in games or system. Comes with 1 controller, a/v cables, ac adaptor, and 4 games: Duck Hunt, Kung Fu, Super Mario Bros, and Xenophobe.

NES Games:

Cobra Triangle = $3
Excitebike = $4
Gauntlet = $3
Mega Man 4 = $15
R.C. Pro-AM = $4
Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt / Track Meet = $2
Super Mario Bros 3 = $12
Thundercade = $3
Wrath of the Black Manta = $3

Official Nintendo Famicom to NES (60 to 72 pin) converter = $15

SNES System = $50
System with 1 controller, a/v cables, ac adpator, and 3 games: MLBPA Baseball, NBA Jam, and Super Mario World.

SNES Games:

Donkey Kong Country = $12
Killer Instinct = $3
Legend of the Mystical Ninja = $7
Street Fighter II Turbo = $3
Super Mario All Stars = $18
Super Mario World = $6

Sega Genesis System = $35
System with 1 controller, rf switch, ac adaptor, and 5 games: Championship Pool, Pac-Man 2, PGA Tour Golf II, PGA Tour Golf III, and Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

Genesis Games:

Sonic 2 = $2
Sonic 3 = $5
Sonic Spinball = $3

Sega Saturn System = $35
System modded for backups comes with 1 controller, power cord, a/v cables, and 2 games - Die Hard Arcade and Virtua Cop.

Sega Saturn Games (all have box and manual):

Daytona USA CCE = $10
Panzer Dragoon - $15
Virtua Fighter 2 = $5
Virtual On - $12

Boxed Nintendo 64 System = $50
System in the original box with 1 controller, a/v cables, ac adaptor, and 2 games = NBA Courtside and Turok Rage Wars

Boxed Sega Dreamcast System = $50

System in original box with 1 controller, power cord, a/v cables, and Sega Smashpack Vol 1 (complete).

Dreamcast Games:

Grandia 2 (missing OST) = $6
Record of Lodoss War (complete) = $20
Skies of Arcadia (missing manual) = $10
Sonic Adventre 2 (missing manual) = $10

Game Boy Advance SP System = $25
Silver or Black system. System has scratches on case and a few scratches on the screen (doesn't affect gameplay). comes with game wallet, a/c adaptor, and choice of 1 game - Shrek 2 or The Urbz (Sims in the City)

Game Boy Advance SP System = $15

Silver or Black system. System has scratches on case and a few scratches on the screen (doesn't affect gameplay). comes with choice of 1 game - Shrek 2 or The Urbz (Sims in the City)

GBA Games:

Lunar Legend = $8
Megaman & Bass (with manual) = $10

I also have an assortment of first and third party controllers, cables, and other accessories so if you're looking for anything ask me!

Shipping will have to be determined based on location. Multiple items means less cost for shipping. I'm willing to negotiate prices on these to an extent. Locals I can meet up and exchange in person. PM me if you're interested in any of these - I can provide pics!

Remember to check out my CDs for sale here, DVDs for sale here, and vinyl LPs for sale here. Thanks!

Here is a before and after pic so you can see what cartridge games go through before I resell them.

beforeandafter.jpg

OMFG! damn! And all the time, I've always thought I collected a lot of game systems & accessories?! lol I actually own, an old NES (oh btw, if I knew how to install one of those sweet pin connectors, I'd do it in a heartbeat!) A Super NES, A Sega Genesis, A Sega Saturn (w/ a 5 in 1 cartridge for imports!), A N64, A Sega Dreamcast (w/ a DC-X boot disc for my imports as well!), A PS2 slim, and a GBA SP too!!! It's pretty cool to see hard core old skool retro gamers like myself on here! :)
Btw, I had an Atari 2600, the damn joystick didn't work, so I sold it and bought some more PS2 games! :)

I may be interested in that Sega Saturn. I have a ton of awesome CD's up for grabs you interested in any trades (perhaps 5 CD's for it) or you just looking for $$$?

I used to be a diehard gamer (mostly old school 2D RPG's, and shooters). Actually owned what I still believe to be the best system ever the Turbo Duo!

I'm not very familiar with the NES 60 / 72 pin differences. Is the 72 pin the one that's a top-loader? Or was that an unrelated design change?

Is there any market for these old consoles now, what with emulation being so easy to do?

Actually yes. There are a lot of die hard gamers that still love old consoles. Not everyone wants to sit around playing the newest Halo or Madden.

I'm not very familiar with the NES 60 / 72 pin differences. Is the 72 pin the one that's a top-loader? Or was that an unrelated design change?

In Japan the NES was known as the Famicom. The game cartridges were a different size and had 60 pins instead of 72. The games in the US are so huge because at the time the system came out the very first wave of games were actually Famicom games with a converter built inside of the cartridge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually yes. There are a lot of die hard gamers that still love old consoles. Not everyone wants to sit around playing the newest Halo or Madden.

You missed my point. Why would even old-school gamers want to have ten big, bulky pieces of equipment, when they could click an icon on their computer, and have access to virtually every game ever made for any 8- to 64-bit console?

i just wanted to say that gunstar9 restored my NES and no lie it works like a brand new system! It's very crazy what a good cleaning will do for the classic systems, I kind of a collector it's not about having the downloads for me I want the real games just like my music I don't want to just listen to it on myspace all day, I want to buy the albums, but that's just me and i see some people don't really believe in that but for some people its a hobby just to let them know, and it makes me and millions of other feel good. So if u are wondering about the systems and the games trust me he does amazing work restoring classic and new game system.

You missed my point. Why would even old-school gamers want to have ten big, bulky pieces of equipment, when they could click an icon on their computer, and have access to virtually every game ever made for any 8- to 64-bit console?

For one, sitting and playing a game on a computer feels different than sitting in your living room with a console connected to a TV. Also think of why there are still many people who go out and buy CDs even though they can just download the music to their PC. A lot of people actually still go out and buy turntables and vinyl LPs. There's a nostalgia factor there.

I think you've missed a much bigger point. Sure, I can install MAME on a PC. I can even buy some actual arcade controls for it, but it's not the same thing as playing a real arcade machine.

A lot of the appeal of playing on a real 2600 has more to do with the simple appearance of the game on a monitor. It has to do with the tactile feedback of the old 2600 controllers. Even the crappy appearance of the game on a TV set.

If there wasn't, people wouldn't still be buying old Defender and Tempest machines for big bucks.

I wish I had better pics than these but I dove into a Sega Saturn today. I pretty much clean everything down to the screws. This gives you an idea of what happens to all of the stuff I get ahold of.

Saturn & controller before
saturnsetbefore.jpg

Saturn lid during
saturnsystemduring.jpg

Controller during
saturncontrollerduring.jpg

Saturn & controller after
saturnsetafter.jpg

Gotta admit, I'm eyeing that 2600, since I never actually owned one. (I had an Atari 800...well, I still have it, but it hasn't sent a decent RF signal in a long time.....a loong time.)

I may be interested in that Sega Saturn. I have a ton of awesome CD's up for grabs you interested in any trades (perhaps 5 CD's for it) or you just looking for $$$?

I used to be a diehard gamer (mostly old school 2D RPG's, and shooters). Actually owned what I still believe to be the best system ever the Turbo Duo!

Well, I dunno bro? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my Saturn & my Saturn imports!
I've got X-Men Vs. Street Fighter, Marvel SuperHeroes Vs. Street Fighter,
The original Vampire Savior, Street Fighter Collection, and the US games I have-X-Men:Children Of The Atom, Virtua Cop 2 (w/ light gun), Albert Odyssey,
Dragon Force & Street Fighter Alplha 2.
But who knows? What ya got? I do collect! Lemme know okay?
Oh & what's a Turbo Duo? Is that the Turbo Graffix?!

I would take that NES off your hands just for duck hunt alone but, light gun games don't work on PLASMA televisions. I learned this the hard way. I love light gun games and have many of them. I gave away my 36" tube television when I bought my (2) 50" plasmas only to find that light guns don't work on them.

Well, I dunno bro? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my Saturn & my Saturn imports!

I've got X-Men Vs. Street Fighter, Marvel SuperHeroes Vs. Street Fighter,
The original Vampire Savior, Street Fighter Collection, and the US games I have-X-Men:Children Of The Atom, Virtua Cop 2 (w/ light gun), Albert Odyssey, Dragon Force & Street Fighter Alplha 2.
But who knows? What ya got? I do collect! Lemme know okay?
Oh & what's a Turbo Duo? Is that the Turbo Graffix?!

Love all those games. I used to be in contact with WORKING DESIGNS the company who released all those USA RPG's. Lunar for the Sega CD was AWESOME.

What do I got now? Nothing. Got out of games shortly after Final Fantasy 7 and Doom took over with the first person/3D shit.

If you don't know what a turbo duo is you really cant have an opinion on it. Turbo Duo came out from NEC and was a CD version of the Turbo Graphx-16. Games like "Lords Of Thunder" which is far superior to the Sega CD version......"Cosmic Fantasy 2", "Exiles", "Y's Book I and II", "Dragonslayer : Legend Of Heroes", "Xanadu", and so many more! The japanese games played on the USA system too and there was so many amazing shooters, and platform games.

When I say I was an old school RPG fanatic for consoles I mean it. It started with "Dragon Warrior", and "Ultima" for the NES, and I bought a Sega Master system back in the day for the release of the original PHANTASY STAR.

Man the memories of being so into games. I admit I miss it.

I won almost every old school RPG there was. From "Earthbound" to "Tecmo Secret Of The Stars", to "Breath Of Fire", "Beyond The Beyond", "Lufia", "Lunar", "Y's", "Suikoden I and II", "Shining Force", and the list goes on and on. I literally spent days playing these games for hours on end.

I really want a Sega Saturn for 1 game. Last Gladiators Digital Pinball. I still own the game as well as the Japan sequel Necronomicon. On top of being awesome pinball games they have a killer soundtrack. 1 is by Dough Aldrich, the other John Petrucci.

I really want a Sega Saturn for 1 game. Last Gladiators Digital Pinball. I still own the game as well as the Japan sequel Necronomicon. On top of being awesome pinball games they have a killer soundtrack. 1 is by Dough Aldrich, the other John Petrucci.

I've played Digital Pinball Neconomicon just for that Petrucci soundtrack! Good stuff. I know I'm trying to sell you one right now but there are many reasons to own a Saturn. Working Designs is responsible for bringing Magic Knight Rayearth and Albert Odyssey to the US. The Panzer Dragoon games are just great. NiGHTS is a very unique game and once you get the flow down it's just plain fun. There are great Japanese releases that didn't make it over like Lunar 1 & 2, Magical School Lunar (a side story, haven't played it), Radiant Silvergun, and the list goes on.

I've modded just about every Sega Saturn system I've come into contact with for backups. It's helped me to preserve my collection and allowed me to play games I wouldn't have been able to play otherwise (some of them get up in the $200 range).

Love all those games. I used to be in contact with WORKING DESIGNS the company who released all those USA RPG's. Lunar for the Sega CD was AWESOME.

What do I got now? Nothing. Got out of games shortly after Final Fantasy 7 and Doom took over with the first person/3D shit.

If you don't know what a turbo duo is you really cant have an opinion on it. Turbo Duo came out from NEC and was a CD version of the Turbo Graphx-16. Games like "Lords Of Thunder" which is far superior to the Sega CD version......"Cosmic Fantasy 2", "Exiles", "Y's Book I and II", "Dragonslayer : Legend Of Heroes", "Xanadu", and so many more! The japanese games played on the USA system too and there was so many amazing shooters, and platform games.

When I say I was an old school RPG fanatic for consoles I mean it. It started with "Dragon Warrior", and "Ultima" for the NES, and I bought a Sega Master system back in the day for the release of the original PHANTASY STAR.

Man the memories of being so into games. I admit I miss it.

I won almost every old school RPG there was. From "Earthbound" to "Tecmo Secret Of The Stars", to "Breath Of Fire", "Beyond The Beyond", "Lufia", "Lunar", "Y's", "Suikoden I and II", "Shining Force", and the list goes on and on. I literally spent days playing these games for hours on end.

For me, Phantasy Star I through IV on the Master System and Genesis are still pretty much the best time I've ever had playing video games. I still have the Genesis and all those cartridges, but I'm guessing the batteries in those must be dead on them by now, so all the time I spent working those characters up to ridiculously high levels was probably a waste, LOL. I also still have an Atari 2600, also in excellent condition, which I plug in every couple years and play Pitfall and Galaxian, heh. I don't play games much these days either though... the last game I really thoroughly played was Final Fantasy X for Playstation 2, back in 2002 or so.

I've played Digital Pinball Neconomicon just for that Petrucci soundtrack! Good stuff. I know I'm trying to sell you one right now but there are many reasons to own a Saturn. Working Designs is responsible for bringing Magic Knight Rayearth and Albert Odyssey to the US. The Panzer Dragoon games are just great. NiGHTS is a very unique game and once you get the flow down it's just plain fun. There are great Japanese releases that didn't make it over like Lunar 1 & 2, Magical School Lunar (a side story, haven't played it), Radiant Silvergun, and the list goes on.

I've modded just about every Sega Saturn system I've come into contact with for backups. It's helped me to preserve my collection and allowed me to play games I wouldn't have been able to play otherwise (some of them get up in the $200 range).

Okay cool y'all! It sounds like I'm in good company! :) I still want the Lunar games, I played them both btw! Did I mention I LOVE RPGS the most?! :) ( The PSone's I think, are the only ones I could probably play of Lunar though!) I also still want Magic Knight Rayearth for saturn, Panzer Dragoon Saga(And YES I do know that Saturn game goes for upwards of $200 & above! But damnit, I still wanna play it! I still have a walkthrough of it from an old Tips & Tricks magazine!!!) Last Bronx, and those pinball games sound Awesome too!!! :)
Oh & have any of y'all played Grandia for Saturn, or Shining Force 3, or the Dragon Force I own?! Dragon Force was a great game too!!! :)