Gamma Ray at Jaxx...

eaeolian

Division Guitarist
Feb 11, 2002
Woodbridge, VA
www.division-usa.com
...since someone else brought it up: We're playing with Gamma Ray at Jaxx on May 2. Since I think Harv might let me get away with a little spam, here's the spiel -

We (Division) sell tickets to these shows - that's how we get paid. (We get X dollars for each ticket sold.) Since we need to sell them, we offer an incentive: No additional fees. So you buy from us at the face price ($25), and get it mailed to you. We take PayPal. We take checks, with enough time to clear. You can contact me via PM, or by email

See? You get something, we get something. Isn't the free market a wonderful thing? Thanks for reading, and, hopefully, buying. Maybe you'll even like us, too, but even if you don't, you save some cash. :Spin:

Jaxx holds around 400? people. Its set up with a stage about waist high, floor in front and surrounding bar. A good bit of seating, no beer on the floor due to the all ages? shows and smoking is allowed. They have a fair camera policy, depends on the band of course!!! Good security and many many inexpensive hotels near by.

eaeolian said:
...since someone else brought it up: We're playing with Gamma Ray at Jaxx in June. Since I think Harv might let me get away with a little spam, here's the spiel -

We (Division) sell tickets to these shows - that's how we get paid. (We get X dollars for each ticket sold.) Since we need to sell them, we offer an incentive: No additional fees. So you buy from us at the face price ($25), and get it mailed to you. We take PayPal. We take checks, with enough time to clear. You can contact me via PM, or by email

See? You get something, we get something. Isn't the free market a wonderful thing? Thanks for reading, and, hopefully, buying. Maybe you'll even like us, too, but even if you don't, you save some cash. :Spin:

Yeah, I hope you meant May, not June. I'll buy your tickets. I'll PM you as soon as I get a firm commitment on how many to buy.

Just my luck! I have to drive to Newport News on the 4th or 5th... and I'll be going literally right through here on 95, but the show is exactly 1 day too early for me to just stop in Springfield on the way down! Argh! Only other option would be to see the New York show on the 1st, but that would involve taking the train and all that bullshit... and the Jaxx show also has the huge advantage of getting to see Division again. Damn. Maybe I can work it out so I can leave a day earlier...

Sumeet said:
Just my luck! I have to drive to Newport News on the 4th or 5th... and I'll be going literally right through here on 95, but the show is exactly 1 day too early for me to just stop in Springfield on the way down! Argh! Only other option would be to see the New York show on the 1st, but that would involve taking the train and all that bullshit... and the Jaxx show also has the huge advantage of getting to see Division again. Damn. Maybe I can work it out so I can leave a day earlier...

If you can, that would be awesome - I haven't seen you in, like, ages. :)

Hey, I'll go see Gamma Ray just to meet Sumeet. *g*

(HAVE I met you before? At PP? A wave in passing?)

There were a few points I wanted to add to in this thread.

1) As most people in bands that play out at clubs know, it isn't so much about the $$$ for me when it comes to selling tickets. Most importantly, it shows the club owners that people are interested in these types of shows AND it helps the local band's standing with the club. No matter what city you are in, it usually helps if you purchase your tickets IN ADVANCE from one of the local openers! When you buy them from TicketBastard (or similar service), you are not only paying extra for your ticet with those ridiulous fees, but you are hurting the up and coming local acts. Please support the local scene!

2) Jaxx holds 550 (packed) and gets all the good shows because it is only 15-20 minutes from our nation's capitol, only a bit over an hour from Baltimore, probably about 2.5 hours from Philly, and probably about 2 hours from Richmond, VA. It is in a pretty central location. It really is the perfect size for bands in our genre, it has a decent sound system (usually run by not-so-decent soundmen), great food, and a cool room to chill in when there is someone you aren't interested in seeing is playing. It is a 1:45 drive for me, but it is the closest place to me that has the good shows! Jaxx has also been around for years and has a reputation for cranking good shows through there so it gets even more. Oh yeah, the most important reason Jaxx gets all the great shows? Because they are smart enough to book in hard-working local/regional acts like Division and Odin's Court that consistently bring a good crowd to the place in support of these national acts. :headbang: :headbang:

Now don't forget to get your Gamma Ray tickets from Divsion -- OR ELSE!!!! ;)