Gary Barden back With Michael Schenker

TheWhisper

Cobra Kai Never Dies
Apr 12, 2004
Brandon, FL USA
If anyone still cares about this guy:
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 at 09:47:26 EST

MICHAEL SCHENKER site Michael Schenker Himself has been updated with the following message from Michael:

"I am currently setting up a concert tour under the name Michael Schenker & Friends and playing almost all of UK's rock clubs (starting January 10th and stretching as far as March) to shake up the ground for a major MSG UK and World tour with a brand new April release titled In The Midst Of Beauty."

In The Midst Of Beauty is coming in April, and will feature the following lineup: Michael Schenker (guitars), Gary Barden (vocals), Simon Philips (drums), Glen Hughs (bass) and Don Airy (keyboards).

Scheduled dates currently include:
Michael Schenker & Friends:

January
10 - Swindon, UK - 12 Bar Swindon

February
17 - Bristol, UK - Thekla

MSG (Michael Schenker Group)
February
9 - Manchester, UK - Manchester University

He needs to shape up, i still think he can overcome this years bullshit at least the show i caught here in San Diego was good enough
Rumor is spreading around for a possible tour Scorpions/MSG/Uli Jon Roth man i hope if this happens we get some shows here in the states

Is one hell of a line-up, actually the rest of the guys are better than Schenker. Hope he can cope with the responsability, funny than Glen Hughes didn't ook on the vocals too.

He needs to shape up, i still think he can overcome this years bullshit at least the show i caught here in San Diego was good enough
Rumor is spreading around for a possible tour Scorpions/MSG/Uli Jon Roth man i hope if this happens we get some shows here in the states

That would be a cool show but I don't see it happening here in the states.

i dont see it happening anywhere tbh...
i must admit,there are some brave promoters out there-i wouldnt bother booking him,just to have to fight for my deposit back because he'd rather be at the bottom of a bottle of courvoisier again.....

good luck to him tho.i think he'll need it.

I agree, I think he can redeem himself, but he's gonna have to tow the line before people will book him and before fans will buy tickets, they should have odds in Vegas on whether or not he'll show for ANY gig at anytime....

i agree with you and Whisper...

Maybe working with Gary again will inspire him to play better

From Melodicrock.com

A NEW PROJECT FOR MICHAEL SCHENKER?:
Blabbermouth yesterday ran the following news:
"Schenker is planning to release a new Michael Schenker Group (MSG) album in April, to be followed by a world tour. Entitled "In the Midst of Beauty", the CD will feature the following lineup:
Gary Barden - Vocals; Simon Philips (Toto, The Who) - Drums; Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple, Black Sabbath) - Bass; Don Airey (Deep Purple, Rainbow) - Keyboards.
A tour featuring Barden on vocals will kick off following the album release."

Looking for more information on this, a little clarification was obtained.
In relation to the Gary Barden reference, one source had this to say: "All is top secret at the moment and I cannot comment...but there is something in the pipe..."
Glenn Hughes was more precise about his involvement, sending me this comment: "The rumour about me joining Up with Michael is bizarre...I got an email from a fellow in Germany a couple days ago askin' if I was interested in makin' a record with Schenker. I never responded about the MSG project as I have been in the studio makin' my new album. At this time I am only interested in my style of music, something which is so very close 2 my heart and Soul."
Glenn added "Everyone on the planet knows, that if I'm not singin' lead vox, there is something definetly wrong with the scenario..."
I await comment from Simon Phillips…

I can tell you what's in the pipe crack, why else would someone asscociate themsleves with Schenker these days?!
Gary's career isn't that far into the pisser now is it?!

I love Michael Schenker, always have. He's the most emotive guitar player in rock history IMO. But he's also quickly rivaling Axl Rose as the biggest joke in rock history. Sad how destructive great musicians can be sometimes.

Recently saw he was selling one of his cars on ebay, it expired a few days ago with no bids, but here's the link anyway.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Grand-Prix-Pontiac-from-Guitarist-Michael-Schenker-Scorpions-UFO_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6422QQihZ019QQitemZ290186114882QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Some new info to be taken with appropriate amounts of skepticism:
MICHAEL SCHENKER's official website has been updated with the following:

"Michael Schenker is currently setting up a concert tour under the name Michael Schenker & Friends - playing almost all of UK's Rock Clubs (starting January 10th stretching as far as March) to shake up the ground for a major MSG UK and World tour with a brand new album release in April titled In The Midst Of Beauty with: Gary Barden on vocals, Simon Philips - drums Neil Murray - bass Don Airey - keyboards."

Michael Schenker says: "With a new agent and new plans I want to anounce my well being by playing all over the UK before teaming up with the Schenker/Barden MSG formation for a major UK and World tour in April."

Stay tuned for further updates.

From melodicrock.com:

MSG LINE-UP CLARIFIED:
After last week's confusing leak regarding possible recording and touring line-ups, guitarist Michael Schenker has updated his site with a clarification. It reads:
"Michael Schenker is currently setting up a Concert Tour under the name - Michael Schenker & Friends - playing almost all of UK's Rock Clubs (starting January 10th stretching as far as March) to shake up the ground for a major MSG UK and World Tour with a Brand New Album Release in April Titled: In the Midst of Beauty with:
Gary Barden - Vocals; Simon Philips - Drums; Neil Murray - Bass; Don Airey - Keyboards.
Michael Schenker says: "With a new Agent and new plans I want to announce my well being by playing all over the UK before teaming up with the Schenker/Barden MSG Formation for a major UK and World Tour in April."

This statement however still lends itself to a little confusion. Drummer Simon Phillips continues his long held role as Toto drummer and as Toto has a full schedule for 2008, you are unlikely to see Simon playing live with MSG, although I have confirmed he will record his drum parts for the studio album early in January.

From melodicrock.com:

MSG LINE-UP CLARIFIED:
After last week's confusing leak regarding possible recording and touring line-ups, guitarist Michael Schenker has updated his site with a clarification. It reads:
"Michael Schenker is currently setting up a Concert Tour under the name - Michael Schenker & Friends - playing almost all of UK's Rock Clubs (starting January 10th stretching as far as March) to shake up the ground for a major MSG UK and World Tour with a Brand New Album Release in April Titled: In the Midst of Beauty with:
Gary Barden - Vocals; Simon Philips - Drums; Neil Murray - Bass; Don Airey - Keyboards.
Michael Schenker says: "With a new Agent and new plans I want to announce my well being by playing all over the UK before teaming up with the Schenker/Barden MSG Formation for a major UK and World Tour in April."

This statement however still lends itself to a little confusion. Drummer Simon Phillips continues his long held role as Toto drummer and as Toto has a full schedule for 2008, you are unlikely to see Simon playing live with MSG, although I have confirmed he will record his drum parts for the studio album early in January.

So, even with the clarifications it's all still a little muddled.:lol:

Forget Phillips, Airey is full time DP keymaster and they're touring too.

In anycase my initial statement stays, TOO MUCH band for Michael :heh: